Is it too late? help [SOLVED]

poop1994

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KIA
So I preordered the vehicle a few days ago and I've been reading around that "Paint Protection" is basically an over glorified wax job done at the dealership. They are charging me $300 for it and GAP protection for $799.. Now I know I can cancel gap because usaa will give me the same thing but better for $269 but can I go to the dealership tomorrow and tell them straight up that I don't want to pay for paint protection and that I want it just the way it comes from the factory? (car comes in next week)
Sponsored

G26okie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Accord EX-L V6 Sedan
I'm pretty sure you can tell them you don't want w/e until they install it or do it.

M1160

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots of Uber
Of course you can. Since they do it at the dealer and your car hasn't been prepped yet, they can just remove it from your order.

And if they tell you you can't I'd talk my business elsewhere because that's BS.

Let us know how it turns out.

CdnColin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2O16 Civic Touring 'WOP', 2016 HRV EXL w/nav. 'Milano Red'
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Agreed, it's your car. You say what what goes on or in it.

Having said that the paint protection might not be just glorified wax. We have a protectant on our HRV. There are different manufacturers. Our Ontario dealer uses Diamond Kote. Cost was $300 but was added at no cost. We paid full MSRP for the HRV but that was what was going the first week the HRV was available. Suggest you find out what they are putting on.

Last edited:
OP
OP

poop1994

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KIA
Of course you can. Since they do it at the dealer and your car hasn't been prepped yet, they can just remove it from your order.

And if they tell you you can't I'd talk my business elsewhere because that's BS.

Let us know how it turns out.
Agreed, it's your car. You say what what goes on or in it.

Having said that the paint protection might not be just glorified wax. We have a protectant on our HRV. There are different manufacturers. Our Ontario dealer uses Diamond Kote. Cost was $300 but was added at no cost. We paid full MSRP for the HRV but that was what was going the first week the HRV was available. Suggest you find out what they are putting on.
thanks! i'll probably go to the dealership tomorrow

Ultrafrozen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gavnzdad
I had the Final Coat paint treatment done on my old 2006 Civic EX (silver) and to this day if I wash the car it just shines back at me. Had similar product on the old Sienna van with same results. I'm getting it done on my Touring, no question. I think it is Final Coat - Xzilon.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
Put that money into clear film protectant instead. Best investment I ever made on my current car.

OP
OP

poop1994

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KIA
Put that money into clear film protectant instead. Best investment I ever made on my current car.
I had the Final Coat paint treatment done on my old 2006 Civic EX (silver) and to this day if I wash the car it just shines back at me. Had similar product on the old Sienna van with same results. I'm getting it done on my Touring, no question. I think it is Final Coat - Xzilon.
heck no. just get your money back and take it to a professional.
Thanks guys. I went to the dealership and I was able to negotiate it out