Is it possible to put the Coupe's trunk on the sedan?

kurokitsune

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So I had initially fallen in love with the Civic Concept months before i got the 2016 Civic EX-L. And I seriously love her, but what i really loved about the concept was that unique full length brake light running across the full length of the trunk.
Is it possible to replace my sedan's trunk lid with the trunk lid of the coupe?

Honda Civic 10th gen Is it possible to put the Coupe's trunk on the sedan? 4 Honda Civic 10th gen Is it possible to put the Coupe's trunk on the sedan? 2016-Honda-Civic-Coupe-rear-end1

Or on another note, i would definitely go for a spoiler that had a brake light running the full length in imitation of the coupe's back end if that were to be available on the aftermarket.

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
Don't know, but since the coupe is a different back end profile with more curvature and slope, I bet all these parts are different/won't fit.

OP
OP
kurokitsune

kurokitsune

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Don't know, but since the coupe is a different back end profile with more curvature and slope, I bet all these parts are different/won't fit.
Ya thats exactly my worry about it too. Unless some aftermarket option comes up to install the brakelight into the present tunk on a sedan.

Gavnzdad

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You give me a hammer, some baling wire, and duck tape....and I can make anything fit on anything. :p

But seriously, no it won't fit.

OP
OP
kurokitsune

kurokitsune

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You give me a hammer, some baling wire, and duck tape....and I can make anything fit on anything. :p

But seriously, no it won't fit.
Lmaooo! Of course there had to be ducK tape!!
WITH DUCK TAPE, ANYTHING CAN BE FIXED!

PilotZero

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Touring Sedan (totaled) 2017 Type R (#322)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm very curious about this as well. I want the four doors with the back end of the coupe, basically, with the solid arching light that looks like a big heating element from an oven you don't want to get near for fear of it melting the front of your car and the understated fake vents for the day.

Maybe I should just get the coupe. I don't "need" four doors. It's other people who need them, right?

knightmare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
I'm very curious about this as well. I want the four doors with the back end of the coupe, basically, with the solid arching light that looks like a big heating element from an oven you don't want to get near for fear of it melting the front of your car and the understated fake vents for the day.

Maybe I should just get the coupe. I don't "need" four doors. It's other people who need them, right?
I wasn't able to find it on ebay, but here's a link for the led light across the entire trunk for the sedan and I like it.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/AKD...-2016-Civic-X-LED-Tail-Light/32818054424.html

How odd, this link the other day it was priced around $380. Looks like its a bit more expensive now

PilotZero

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I wasn't able to find it on ebay, but here's a link for the led light across the entire trunk for the sedan and I like it.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/AKD...-2016-Civic-X-LED-Tail-Light/32818054424.html

How odd, this link the other day it was priced around $380. Looks like its a bit more expensive now
That link appears to be a set of both front and rear lights. Hard to tell what exactly is included in that listing.

So far I haven't seen anyone do this with the Si Sedan. If you add this to the regular Sedan, it looks like you can keep the functioning center brake light behind the rear window. The 2017 Si Sedan has the center brake light on the spoiler and the spoiler must be removed for installation. Can the spoiler be reinstalled with the original center brake light? Or will the center brake light be replaced by the coupe's light bar?

trentcofax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
*cough, first post. I took the plunge and ordered this light from MaxAudio.com.my. The light is made by Eagle Eyes and is OEM quality. Unfortunately, I read AtlasMickey's post too late, and never thought about the fact that installing this on my Si would delete the third brake light. Also, the Si spoiler is nigh impossible to remove because of some awkwardly located plastic clips. As such, this thing is going up on the classifieds, but I am not sure I want mess with shipping something so large.
Honda Civic 10th gen Is it possible to put the Coupe's trunk on the sedan? 2016-Honda-Civic-Coupe-rear-end1

Honda Civic 10th gen Is it possible to put the Coupe's trunk on the sedan? 5iVW36a

video:

PilotZero

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
*cough, first post. I took the plunge and ordered this light from MaxAudio.com.my. The light is made by Eagle Eyes and is OEM quality. Unfortunately, I read AtlasMickey's post too late, and never thought about the fact that installing this on my Si would delete the third brake light. Also, the Si spoiler is nigh impossible to remove because of some awkwardly located plastic clips. As such, this thing is going up on the classifieds, but I am not sure I want mess with shipping something so large.
Honda Civic 10th gen Is it possible to put the Coupe's trunk on the sedan? 5iVW36a

Honda Civic 10th gen Is it possible to put the Coupe's trunk on the sedan? {filename}

video:
Welcome and thank you for posting! So, the spoiler and center brake light cannot be reinstalled on top of this light?

I wonder about the feasibility of installing a CHMSL behind the rear window, like the standard sedan.

trentcofax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
The light is made to cover all the holes necessary to mount the Si spoiler, so both cannot exist together on the trunk lid.

Believe me, I have been agonizing how to retain a high mount brake light. With the coupe crowd having issues keeping their brake light cover from falling, and the Si plastic rear shelf does not have a place for it, I could not come up with an easy answer.

Had the installation gone better, I was going to reach out to Ikon and see if they could integrate a tail light into their Type 2 roof spoiler. They mentioned in a post that they dabbled with it, but the issue would be getting a brake wire to the outside of the car. That would not be so hard on an Si since it could be ran from the trunk and along the rear windshield.

Honda Civic 10th gen Is it possible to put the Coupe's trunk on the sedan? jFJAl6r

Honda Civic 10th gen Is it possible to put the Coupe's trunk on the sedan? z2mvMr2

PilotZero

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Such a shame, because I think the part you bought is even nicer than the coupe's! The coupe's is tinted all the way on the top and thins out near the center so it's not as bright. Yours has more of the even oven-hot look of a long heating element that I like, like it could smolder a tailgater and bake some cookies at the same time.

Perhaps whoever made it will make a new part for SI owners that includes the CHMSL and maybe a spoiler.

PilotZero

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Maybe something like this?? Would this be legal in the US?

trentcofax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
Not sure about the legality, but not really a helpful safety feature when the jerk behind you is too close to see it.
Sponsored