Is it possible to put a 2017 sedan front/back bumper onto a 2017 hatchback?

mike4123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX Hatchback
Country flag
I just bought a hatch, and I love everything about it, except for those giant fake vents on the bumpers. I'm wondering if it possible to buy front/back bumpers meant for a sedan or a coup, and install them on the hatchback, vents and all? I have read that its seems like this should be possible, that it seems like these bumpers are compatible. Has anyone tried this?

Alternatively, do there exist custom bumpers that alters the look of these vents to make them smaller?

I have an LX so I do not have those fog lights

Honda Civic 10th gen Is it possible to put a 2017 sedan front/back bumper onto a 2017 hatchback? 1594749390617

Honda Civic 10th gen Is it possible to put a 2017 sedan front/back bumper onto a 2017 hatchback? 1594749416244

mocaSi

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si & 2016 Honda Fit
Country flag
Let the looks grow on you a little over time. You might come to be okay with the look. But to answer the question there should be no reason you couldn't swap the front bumpers out. The rear bumper however is not possible.

OP
OP

mike4123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX Hatchback
Country flag
Let the looks grow on you a little over time. You might come to be okay with the look. But to answer the question there should be no reason you couldn't swap the front bumpers out. The rear bumper however is not possible.
Ah man, its primarily the back that bothers me. And yeah even if this was possible, I wasn't going to run out and do it tomorrow. I just wanted to know if its possible. I'm sure the looks will grow on me over time, but I also like learning how to tinker around with stuff even if it's not for much end result outside of aesthetics.

While im on this topic, would you happen to know if its possible to install an apple carplay enabled infotainment screen on an LX?

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ah man, its primarily the back that bothers me. And yeah even if this was possible, I wasn't going to run out and do it tomorrow. I just wanted to know if its possible. I'm sure the looks will grow on me over time, but I also like learning how to tinker around with stuff even if it's not for much end result outside of aesthetics.

While im on this topic, would you happen to know if its possible to install an apple carplay enabled infotainment screen on an LX?
Yeah looks will definitely grow, I hated the fake vents on my 2018 si but overtime I grew to like them. When the 2020 refresh came out I fell in love with it though.

But yeah like moca said the rear isn't possible, I'm not sure if the front is a direct fit but if it doesn't I'm sure it can fit with slight modification. Same thing with the carplay infotainment system, can definitely be done.

Why not get the 2020 refresh vents instead? Will be a direct fit.

mocaSi

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si & 2016 Honda Fit
Country flag

I gotcha. You could always check the aftermarket, not sure if anyone makes a hatch bumper cover that has no vents or smaller vents. They for sure grew on me over time. I love the look of the front and rear of my car and never thought I'd love it this much.

Hmm, not sure. If you comb the forums I'm sure you'll find someone that has talked about it. I'd have to see what your dash setup looks like. If I had to guess I would say itd be possible.

OP
OP

mike4123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX Hatchback
Country flag
I just checked them out. I'm still not a fan. I just don't like how busy the bumpers look at both ends. The sedan bumpers have a much cleaner look imo, and the backside of the hatch already looks pretty busy even without the vents.

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2020 Civic Si Coupe Past: 2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2014 Prius, 2013 Civic LX 5spd
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just checked them out. I'm still not a fan. I just don't like how busy the bumpers look at both ends. The sedan bumpers have a much cleaner look imo, and the backside of the hatch already looks pretty busy even without the vents.
I'm with ya on that one.. partly why I chose to get a coupe when I got the 2020. Sedans/hatch rears look good but a bit too much going on.

You can always opt for some custom work as well, I've seen a few people put metal vents instead of the plastic piece on the back

OP
OP

mike4123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX Hatchback
Country flag
I'm with ya on that one.. partly why I chose to get a coupe when I got the 2020. Sedans/hatch rears look good but a bit too much going on.

You can always opt for some custom work as well, I've seen a few people put metal vents instead of the plastic piece on the back
Eh, That might look better. If I go the custom route, is it too much to ask for a custom bumper that just doesn't have fake vents? Honestly I have no idea how this game works.. I've played around with altering cars, but never anything custom. Just like replacing like bumper for like bumper, or installing electronics in the dash. When someone does something "custom", how custom can it get?

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Eh, That might look better. If I go the custom route, is it too much to ask for a custom bumper that just doesn't have fake vents? Honestly I have no idea how this game works.. I've played around with altering cars, but never anything custom. Just like replacing like bumper for like bumper, or installing electronics in the dash. When someone does something "custom", how custom can it get?
I mean they always say, if you got the money then anything is possible. Haven't seen someone make a custom bumper without vents though nor have I seen a sedan bumper swap to the hatch.

Look up @sawcy_si on IG, he's done it on a coupe. I've seen it before on hatch/sedan but don't remember their IG. From what it looks like, seems like plastic vents were just cut out except for certain drilling points and he replaced it with metal vents w/ holes

OP
OP

mike4123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX Hatchback
Country flag
I mean they always say, if you got the money then anything is possible. Haven't seen someone make a custom bumper without vents though nor have I seen a sedan bumper swap to the hatch.

Look up @sawcy_si on IG, he's done it on a coupe. I've seen it before on hatch/sedan but don't remember their IG. From what it looks like, seems like plastic vents were just cut out except for certain drilling points and he replaced it with metal vents w/ holes
Just looked him up. That rear bumper is SO much better than what comes standard. Wish that was widely available

OP
OP

mike4123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX Hatchback
Country flag
Yeah looks will definitely grow, I hated the fake vents on my 2018 si but overtime I grew to like them. When the 2020 refresh came out I fell in love with it though.

But yeah like moca said the rear isn't possible, I'm not sure if the front is a direct fit but if it doesn't I'm sure it can fit with slight modification. Same thing with the carplay infotainment system, can definitely be done.

Can I ask why the rear bumper doesn't fit? is it a completely different shape? Or is it something small like some fasteners missing?

suhhh

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Can I ask why the rear bumper doesn't fit? is it a completely different shape? Or is it something small like some fasteners missing?
Almost positive they don't fit. I've never tested it so can't be sure but that's what I've heard

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
That's a great question. Obviously with a Sport or Sport Touring hatch the issue is the center exhaust. But for the other hatch models, I'm not sure.

OP
OP

mike4123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX Hatchback
Country flag
That's a great question. Obviously with a Sport or Sport Touring hatch the issue is the center exhaust. But for the other hatch models, I'm not sure.
Going off this
https://www.carid.com/2017-honda-ci...5675.html?parentsubmodel[]=SUBMODEL|Hatchback

It looks like there's at least 1 extra anchoring point/hole on the hatch bumper that isn't on the sedan/coup. Outside of that the general shape seems pretty much the same. I feel like oftentimes all those anchoring points aren't needed, so I'm wondering if it's a deal where yeah, it'll "fit", but it wont be able to be completely anchored on as intended?