is it possible to JUST use gmaps?

barqcider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic HB EX-L
Country flag
I have an EX-L with NAV and I find it that I just want to use android auto for just google maps if I need to. It seems it wont let me use Sirius xm when I turn on AA and it wont give me a choice other than amazon music and google music.

I like Hondas text reading capability and I like satellite radio, but it seems android auto wont let me stream my sat radio.

if youre curious what phone I have, I have a LG V20 so its not an old phone or phone issue ( I think)
Sponsored

josby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring sedan
Country flag
I don't think there's any way to use the other music sources without exiting AA first.

You could upgrade your Sirius subscription to include internet listening, then put the Sirius Android app on your phone and control that through AA. Oh, that would use data though (I still have unlimited so I tend to forget that's a problem for many).

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I mean, technically, you can use SXM w/Google Maps running, it just won't show in the display. (If I'm understanding the question correctly) Just hit the left circle pad thingy on the steering wheel to change audio source, you can change channel through your presets and all that and retain your Google Maps/whatever screen you want to in AA.

It'll just have that bar at the top to show what station/preset you've changed over to.
Sponsored