Is it ok to take a car that has been wrapped to an automatic car wash?

skittles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatchback Sport and 2013 370Z sport
Vehicle Showcase
Getting just my windows wrapped on my coupe today. I am wondering should I just always hand wash it, or can it go to the auto wash sometimes?
Sponsored

BigTDFW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX
Vehicle Showcase
Hand washing is always recommended for longevity per the manufacturer of the materials. But i have always taken my wraps cars to the drive through car washes. I try to stay clear of the "Brushless" car washes though. They are better for paint, but worse for wraps as they use higher pressure water jets and that is the main thing you have to watch out for when washing a car that has a wrap on it.

Brandons2697

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Personally I would hand wash mine due to not wanting anything ripping the wrap. I have a wrap job that I'm doing soon ;) haven't seen any like it yet.

Elvis 66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic 2015 mustang. 2001 tundra..1997 4runner..1972 chevelle 1966 Lemans
If the wrap was done right..you won't have any problems

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Getting just my windows wrapped on my coupe today. I am wondering should I just always hand wash it, or can it go to the auto wash sometimes?
You had your windows wrapped? Like blacked out? Or did you have your windows tinted? Pics please to clear up my confusion.

mims80

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX
Country flag
You had your windows wrapped? Like blacked out? Or did you have your windows tinted? Pics please to clear up my confusion.
I was going to ask that too. Wasn't sure what "wrapped" meant. I would assume its having the windows tinted but then again, it's never safe to assume.

But wouldn't black out...tinted be the same? Just that black out is the blackest tint? I'm really confused. :eek:

Elvis 66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic 2015 mustang. 2001 tundra..1997 4runner..1972 chevelle 1966 Lemans
I was going to ask that too. Wasn't sure what "wrapped" meant. I would assume its having the windows tinted but then again, it's never safe to assume.

But wouldn't black out...tinted be the same? Just that black out is the blackest tint? I'm really confused. :eek:
The chrome window trim is what she was talking about ..alot of us ate,wrapping them in vinyl

Gavnzdad

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When you say your windows were wrapped, what do you mean? Is it like a see through design?

Nevermind....just saw the answer. :doh:

Last edited:

Farcry1010

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Hand wash only!!!
You want to go through a car wash that has degreaser and all kinds of dirt on the brushes! Not me!
The degreaser removes all of your wax and makes your headlights yellow after a few years.
Hand wash this beautiful car!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic EX T
Always hand wash your car
Car washes always say their not responsible for any damage.
I went to one because I was in a different city and my truck needed a wash bad. They broke my antenna. But besides that it's better.