Is it me, or is my car just slow

Deleted member

It is a Honda, and like all Honda's it is slow until proven otherwise.
That's a bit of an odd thing to say. Honda has been around for a very long time and has produced plenty of excellent sporty cars in its long history. The majority of all BMWs and Audis on the road are no quicker than the Civic Sport. Fast and slow is completely subjective.
Sponsored

jakdotdot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI
Country flag
That's a bit of an odd thing to say. Honda has been around for a very long time and has produced plenty of excellent sporty cars in its long history. The majority of all BMWs and Audis on the road are no quicker than the Civic Sport. Fast and slow is completely subjective.
What does the age of Honda have to do with anything?

Plenty of sporty cars? I suppose that depends on what you consider sporty.

As for the civic sport being as quick as the majority of BMW's and Audi's on the road in the US? Ehh not really. The sport is only about as quick as a poverty package 3 series, stock for stock. Hell, the base A3 traps in the high 90's.

Last edited:

Charley-TX

First Name
Charley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T
Country flag
....as quick as a poverty package 3 series, stock for stock...
Now that is funny.
Actually (in the US of A) most 3 series will run 5.9 sec 0-60 mph. The basic engine is 2.0 turbo matched to an 8 speed auto.
To the OP....Most likely it is not your car, you just need to up your game. or.....I see a CVT <--:fear: in your future. :yes:

Last edited:

Robotaz

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag
Any time the clutch pedal is pressed the clutch is being worn.
The clutch is only being worn when it's contacting the flywheel and turning a different speed than the flywheel.

Holding the car in gear with the clutch pedal pushed in is, according to some, bad for the throw-out bearing. I've never had an issue in many years of driving manuals. I don't worry about it.

mdmh10

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si 2018, Acura RDX 2013
Country flag
I had this issue at first. Then learned i was just babying it because ot had been 15yrs since i last drove a manual.

In the 2018 Si the 1st & 2nd gears are relatively short. For me, in normal traffic, i gradually release the clutch while giving it a bit of gas at around 1,500rpm. Take 1st to 4,500rpm before shifting to 2nd. Then shift from 2nd to 3rd at about 3,000rpm.

By the time I am in 3rd the person who was riding on my rear is now 5 to 8 car length behind looking like a slow poke.
Sponsored