Is it literally impossible to find an Si for under MSRP?

lyfamily

First Name
dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
si
Country flag
I’m from Oregon and just had a terrible experience at Swickard Honda. The sales rep told me to come in for “exclusive Costco pricing” and when I got there she said that they couldn’t do the Costco discount for the si. Is this normal? I literally can’t find any other dealership that’s selling the si at a reasonable price. Any advice?
Sponsored

OP
OP

lyfamily

First Name
dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
si
Country flag
Oh and I forgot to mention that they wanted over $29k OTD which is insane considering there aren’t any sales tax in Oregon.

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
Definitely possible to find under msrp. Just have to shop around, and possibly road trip to get the deal you want.

OP
OP

lyfamily

First Name
dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
si
Country flag
Definitely possible to find under msrp. Just have to shop around, and possibly road trip to get the deal you want.
Thanks for the reply. Idk man I’m starting to lose faith in these Honda dealerships. The ones that I’ve visited have all been super shady.

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
If you’re not in desperate need for the car, take your time and shop around. The deals are definitely out there. Might even be able to drive to Northern California and get a better deal, even with tax.

marcopolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I usually go through Costco, but they can't go under MSRP for that car. I bought an Si a month ago from the Honda dealer in Everett WA for under MSRP. Just have to negotiate. Don't fall for their add-ons. Alarm, door edge guards, etc. That add 2k.

South86

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI Coupe, 2019 Acura ILX A-Spec, 2013 Ram 1500 SLT
Country flag
I just got an offer for 23459 before taxes and shit (In VA) for a 2020 SI Sedan. So it would be close to 26k otd. (GA Taxes, 45 title/tag, 699 dealer fee). But I am currently on deployment and waiting till they announce the 2021 in hope the 20 prices will go down some.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
That's how I bought my Si in 2018. The Costco negotiated price was $22,800, a month later I emailed the sales guy that I would buy right than and there for $22k, they agreed and a bargain was struck. They at the very least have to abide by at least the Costco pricing. Since they are breaking a contract between them and Costco I would get in contact with Costco auto support. Find another dealership, even if you have to travel. Don't settle, buy another brand if it comes down to it, there are other options that are willing to deal

forum_user

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 fz-07
Country flag
Remember that honda stopped production because of the pandemic, how long I don’t remember, six weeks? There is a dearth of SIs out there right now I reckon.

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
I’m from Oregon and just had a terrible experience at Swickard Honda. The sales rep told me to come in for “exclusive Costco pricing” and when I got there she said that they couldn’t do the Costco discount for the si. Is this normal? I literally can’t find any other dealership that’s selling the si at a reasonable price. Any advice?
Here near Boston had one dealer quote $200 off and another $2100. Just be patient, stock is finally incoming so prices should normalize in the next few weeks.

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Remember that honda stopped production because of the pandemic, how long I don’t remember, six weeks? There is a dearth of SIs out there right now I reckon.
Just in the last few days there's suddenly lots of Si's incoming on Honda's inventory page.

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks for the reply. Idk man I’m starting to lose faith in these Honda dealerships. The ones that I’ve visited have all been super shady.
Not shady, there is zero supply, so why discount? Once supply returns to normal the prices will return to normal.

Staffiedog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette and Civic SI
Country flag
There are tons of SIs in stock in nj. Just bought one with a 3 yr lease at 12k miles for 270 per month out the door no other money.

kimtyson

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Blue Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Here in central Pennsylvania, we had almost none (except for black). And 90% are coupes, no sedans. There are now a few (white, silver and modern steel). But, very few even within 150 miles of me. Dealers are not making great deals, either. I think it's a waiting game at this point. Stock will begin to catch up to demand. And, as South86 said, once the 2021 is announced that should help with getting a better deal. (Except we might want the 2021 at that point. lol).
Sponsored