Is it just me or is this car very leaky?

Touring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2013 Honda Civic EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Has anyone noticed how much this car leaks after a wash? LOL

I'll have my black Civic looking spotless then I'll come back outside and have water spots or "leak marks" on various spots all over the car. Underneath the side mirrors, the fake vent things at the back, underneath the foglight housings, underneath the doors and trunk lid.

Drives me crazy. Maybe I have to do a better job drying between the cracks
Sponsored

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Happens to me all the time, too. I just touch up what I can with a waterless wash a few hours afterwards.

Sucks if you have to drive shortly after washing too, the water from the mirrors will go alllllll over the side of the car :(

skittles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatchback Sport and 2013 370Z sport
Vehicle Showcase

I'll have my black Civic looking spotless then I'll come back outside and have water spots or "leak marks" on various spots all over the car. Underneath the side mirrors, the fake vent things at the back, underneath the foglight housings, underneath the doors and trunk lid.

yeah it does..especially if you drive right after washing...When I've washed it and not driven until next day well it's not a problem..Drives me nuts!!

Civic_Honey627

Can't hide from the cops in this one!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L Coupe Energy Green!!!
Country flag

I notice it the most in the doors and those damn black things in the back! I rinse and rinse and rinse but soapy water always manages to come out from somewhere. Pain in the you-know-what.

OP
OP
Touring

Touring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2013 Honda Civic EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Happens to me all the time, too. I just touch up what I can with a waterless wash a few hours afterwards.

Sucks if you have to drive shortly after washing too, the water from the mirrors will go alllllll over the side of the car :(
Yeah that's what happened to me. Had these big long streak marks running from the mirrors to the back doors.

Oh well, first world problems I guess lol

kahrazie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring - Aegean Blue Metallic
Country flag
Yeah that's what happened to me. Had these big long streak marks running from the mirrors to the back doors.

Oh well, first world problems I guess lol
Just happened to me today. First hand wash, drove out to lunch and sure enough, water marks everywhere haha. This definitely qualifies for first world problems.

bobbyboogie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring - MSM
Country flag
If you're like like I am, my carwash (the wand wash type) has a spot free rinse. I was skeptical at first, but tried it out and it works great! I drove it immediately after the wash without drying and no water marks anywhere. Not all carwashes have them in my area, so I only wash at the ones that do. I use the spot free rinse after I use the regular rinse. It's pressure is similar to a pre-wash cycle. It's worth the extra coins

Kindred1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
I notice it the most in the doors and those damn black things in the back! I rinse and rinse and rinse but soapy water always manages to come out from somewhere. Pain in the you-know-what.
Regarding water running from the black inserts in the back, someone found that applying duct tape behind these stopped the leakage. I would think using silicon would be a permanent fix.

JPowers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX 4 Door
I know this is an old thread, but I just hand washed it for the first time today. This car does have a lot of crevices that trap water! The Air Force Master Blaster is ridiculously expensive, so I just use an electric leaf blower. That solved 99% of the leaking problem.

Civic_Honey627

Can't hide from the cops in this one!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L Coupe Energy Green!!!
Country flag
I know this is an old thread, but I just hand washed it for the first time today. This car does have a lot of crevices that trap water! The Air Force Master Blaster is ridiculously expensive, so I just use an electric leaf blower. That solved 99% of the leaking problem.
Wish I had that option! I hate all that water in the door sills.

Tsturbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 MDX Advance SH-AWD, 2018 TLX 2.4 w/8DCT
Country flag
Pretty common issue with most vehicles, black and darker colors are just prone to showing water spots, paint swirls, etc.

PolishedLX

Banned
Where were fighter jets to stop vegas shooting?
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
"50/50 kid" but on the "right side" of coin flip!
Vehicle(s)
The car that made all others obsolete, "doh, self-explanatory"
Country flag
The Hatch doesn't leak like my previous Accord as long as you dry the underside of the trunk well and door sills. Just those two spots.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The Hatch doesn't leak like my previous Accord as long as you dry the underside of the trunk well and door sills. Just those two spots.
Honda Civic 10th gen Is it just me or is this car very leaky? B178DC4D-69B6-4CAA-AD44-9D89628912AF

;)

Phylanx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 CRV, '17 Si Sedan
Country flag
Yup, Electric Leaf Blower will solve the problem as well. Just make sure the ground around your car is free and clear of rocks / debris.
Sponsored