Is it fair to say that my SE handles better than my 04 AP2?

Rusoman

First Name
Jairus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SE
Country flag
I just didn't have the confidence with my s2k to take a corner as fast as my civic because I'm afraid of the oversteer. Unlike my Civic that has ESC, my s2k didn't have that. Or is it because I'm older now and better driver than I was 7 years ago?
Sponsored

FC2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
I just didn't have the confidence with my s2k to take a corner as fast as my civic because I'm afraid of the oversteer. Unlike my Civic that has ESC, my s2k didn't have that. Or is it because I'm older now and better driver than I was 7 years ago?
These 10th gens handle exceptionally well but I honestly feel like the potential of the S2k in corners would exceed those of the civic. Your fear of oversteer most likely factored into your statement. I definitely prefer understeer over oversteer but conquering oversteer is most likely more rewarding. Just my two cents. I definitely want to see more civics on the track and up at the local touges.

oglethorpe

First Name
Ean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 si , 2014 gs350 f-sport , 2008 escape shitbox
Country flag
Its the confidence, my si feels way faster through the twisties than my c5 vette was. In all actuality though my c5 with a pro driver would slaughter my si on the same road. I myself would slaughter the si with the vette on a closed course or an autocross course but on a backroad the predictably of a light fwd and ease of driving makes it feel like a faster experience. You can go in way hotter without the fear of the rear end snapping and sending you into the woods

OP
OP
Rusoman

Rusoman

First Name
Jairus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SE
Country flag
I feel like my Civic is oversteer happy, but I always get saved by the ESC that's why I just keep going and going. Honestly, I think the Civic can handle more entry speed than the s2k(even with stock all season vs summer tires of s2k) but it doesn't have enough power to beat the s2k in exit speed.

I actually flat out my civic at the top speed of 200kmh in these curves:
Honda Civic 10th gen Is it fair to say that my SE handles better than my 04 AP2? Screenshot_20210405-225920_Maps

Honda Civic 10th gen Is it fair to say that my SE handles better than my 04 AP2? Screenshot_20210409-194922_Maps

When I had my s2k I couldn't even go 150 kmh in these curves.

Honda Civic 10th gen Is it fair to say that my SE handles better than my 04 AP2? Screenshot_20210409-194848_Maps

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I also agree that it is fear. Perhaps a healthy one. :)

OP
OP
Rusoman

Rusoman

First Name
Jairus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SE
Country flag
I also agree that it is fear. Perhaps a healthy one. :)
Ahaha after that top speed run, I got caught by the police that's why I'm most likely not gonna try that ever again.
Sponsored