Is Hondata worth buying for a daily driver?

TypeRNY

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
FlashPro is worth every penny! I've had the basemap installed for a month now and it's like a new car. The mid-range punch is strong! And the traction control alone is worth it. Now I'm ready for flex fuel!
damn, making me wanna install mine this weekend. Got it sitting around waiting to be installed. Was going to wait to go catless but now deciding that I probably wont go that route.
Sponsored

whytfwontthiswork

First Name
s
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Country flag
FlashPro is worth every penny! I've had the basemap installed for a month now and it's like a new car. The mid-range punch is strong! And the traction control alone is worth it. Now I'm ready for flex fuel!
what is the traction control difference? how is it better than just the oem one? noticeable change?

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
The traction control is one of the main reasons why I want to go Hondata (the power the car is currently putting out is fine IMO, just need to keep it consistent), but my warranty and extended warranty have me wanting to wait on it.

CTRKC

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mitsubishi EVO
Country flag
Last edited:

racerguy180

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Acura Integra GS-R 2001 Acura Integra GS 2014 Acura MDX Advance
Country flag
I'm really close to picking up a FK8 and have a Carb hondata question? I'm lucky to have 100 octane at the pump right around the corner from my house and am wondering if the CARB version would be able to recalc for it and take full(as much fun as CA will allow)advantage of the octane? The CA unfriendly version can(thru a tune) but how about the CARB one?

Sinistah89

First Name
Richie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Today i did the 93 reflash with improved throttle response on my stock car. No wheel spin!
But since i chose the option to dampen 1st and 2nd gear it does feel a bit weird...for daily driving should i have all gears at full power??
I also disabled rev hang.

whytfwontthiswork

First Name
s
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Country flag
Today i did the 93 reflash with improved throttle response on my stock car. No wheel spin!
But since i chose the option to dampen 1st and 2nd gear it does feel a bit weird...for daily driving should i have all gears at full power??
Whats the power difference feel like stock vs stock + flash

CeaseR

First Name
Cesar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW civic type r
Country flag
I’m in the same boat as op, my question is how much hp and tq realistically am I looking at with the ots 93 octane tune and how reliable is the ots tune? I had a 2017 wrx with cobb tuner and the ots tunes were super conservative, I ended up getting a pro tune which I will with the ctr but the guy who tunes my cars won’t be available for a while, so I will be on the ots tune for a bit

Si_chRis

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Honda Civic Si, 2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Try full power 1st and 2nd on the throttle setting. I've been using it for daily driving and so far so good. My MPGs has also improved. You'll for sure notice a difference compared to the dampened throttle setting.

Whats the power difference feel like stock vs stock + flash
I’m in the same boat as op, my question is how much hp and tq realistically am I looking at with the ots 93 octane tune and how reliable is the ots tune? I had a 2017 wrx with cobb tuner and the ots tunes were super conservative, I ended up getting a pro tune which I will with the ctr but the guy who tunes my cars won’t be available for a while, so I will be on the ots tune for a bit
It's a noticable difference. I am stock (except for an exhaust) using the 93 octane Hondata basemap. With Hondata traction control, 1st and 2nd gear acceleration is manageable and way quicker than stock, and 3rd gear pulls just as hard as 2nd. It's easy to be approaching 80+ MPH at the top of 3rd gear in a matter of seconds. The acceleration is nuts. Overall, Hondata's basemaps are pretty well calibrated and safe. This thread is a good read on their basemaps: https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/analyzing-hondatas-basemaps.44983/

This person had about 15-20% increase on 91 octane at a high elevation with just a basemap. With 93 octane, you would definitely see slightly larger gains.

Sinistah89

First Name
Richie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Try full power 1st and 2nd on the throttle setting. I've been using it for daily driving and so far so good. My MPGs has also improved. You'll for sure notice a difference compared to the dampened throttle

It's a noticable difference. I am stock (except for an exhaust) using the 93 octane Hondata basemap. With Hondata traction control, 1st and 2nd gear acceleration is manageable and way quicker than stock, and 3rd gear pulls just as hard as 2nd. It's easy to be approaching 80+ MPH at the top of 3rd gear in a matter of seconds. The acceleration is nuts. Overall, Hondata's basemaps are pretty well calibrated and safe. This thread is a good read on their basemaps: https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/analyzing-hondatas-basemaps.44983/

This person had about 15-20% increase on 91 octane at a high elevation with just a basemap. With 93 octane, you would definitely see slightly larger gains.

Try full power 1st and 2nd on the throttle setting. I've been using it for daily driving and so far so good. My MPGs has also improved. You'll for sure notice a difference compared to the dampened throttle setting.

Yea i tried the full power 1st and 2nd and it feels much better. If i do a quarter mile i might put back the dampened torque.

And yes there is a noticeable power gain, especially 3rd gear. Im going for a dyno soon.

vleal12

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW Honda Civic Type R
I’m thinking to go Hondata as well... my car is completely stock and I daily it... how would I know which base map to use or what settings to set them at... is there any info on this somewhere? Thanks!

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I’m thinking to go Hondata as well... my car is completely stock and I daily it... how would I know which base map to use or what settings to set them at... is there any info on this somewhere? Thanks!
It's pretty simple, you just pick the one that matches your fuel type and parts best. There's a list, and there's even a wizard that will pick it for you now.

vleal12

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW Honda Civic Type R
It's pretty simple, you just pick the one that matches your fuel type and parts best. There's a list, and there's even a wizard that will pick it for you now.
Good to know thanks... so it knows based on your car what details what to pick best

kefi

oh shit waddup its dat boi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
fk8.clinic
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Good to know thanks... so it knows based on your car details what to pick best
Honda Civic 10th gen Is Hondata worth buying for a daily driver? 1601993274602

This is what the wizard looks like. You've also got all of us on these forums if you run into problems.
Sponsored