Is Hondata worth buying for a daily driver?

ardbuhl

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The title pretty much sums it up. I would love to mod my Type R more, but I do not want it to impact its reliability being it’s my only car.
Sponsored

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
i think its worth it. Gives you a lot of torque in the midrange where you will be at in your daily driving duties.

Keep an eye on your logs but should be just as reliable as if you kept it stock. Just don't use the anti lag lol.

but its ultimately up to you if you think its worth it or not.

ctl

First Name
ctl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR, 2017 BMW 430i gran coupe, 2020 BMW X3 M40i, 1991 CRX SI
Country flag
The title pretty much sums it up. I would love to mod my Type R more, but I do not want it to impact its reliability being it’s my only car.
Hell yes it’s worth it! you’ll be amazed With the power gains And how the car drives after. I know I was!

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
Definitely worth it.

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
If you’re looking for a bump in power, it’s absolutely worth it. Keep in mind that this may void your warranty.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Better power, better driveability, similar to stock mpgs at part throttle...

Worth it 100%.

Deleted member 25522

Yes. Buy it. It may be the only mod you do. Improvements are very noticable and if you have 93 octane around, everyone who's limited to 91 octane will be envyous as you get even more torque & HP

Frantic_FK8

First Name
Antoine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8, 240sx
Country flag
For me the bigger question was, “Is an increase in power worth voiding my warranty?”

My FK8 is also my daily so i decided the stock powertrain is plenty for commuting and backroad fun. I also get to keep the peace of mind that IF something goes wrong warranty may still cover it. I also don’t like the idea of the added strain on the cooling system since it already seems limited.

Good luck choosing!

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Having a tune isn't an automatic warranty void. Obviously if you bring your car in for engine work while tuned, you're essentially screwed. But, you shouldn't be getting denied bringing your car in for warranty work on your A/C system.

My community tuning survey also shows tuning has proven quite reliable. Side note, I wish we had more tuned R guys adding their cars to the survey. Hint. :cool:

98-0425

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Type-R #12307, 98 Integra Type-R #0425, 07 Pilot EX-L, 17 Pilot Elite
Country flag
Hondata should be the first performance modification

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
For me the bigger question was, “Is an increase in power worth voiding my warranty?”

My FK8 is also my daily so i decided the stock powertrain is plenty for commuting and backroad fun. I also get to keep the peace of mind that IF something goes wrong warranty may still cover it. I also don’t like the idea of the added strain on the cooling system since it already seems limited.

Good luck choosing!
Your car wont has heat problem unless you are somewhere hot all day long and you push your car alot...
Heat soak happens mainly for tracking your car.. that you push it lap after lap.. probably like 2 laps and done.. haha

lestat2369

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR/GTR/MX5
Country flag
i think its worth it. Gives you a lot of torque in the midrange where you will be at in your daily driving duties.

Keep an eye on your logs but should be just as reliable as if you kept it stock. Just don't use the anti lag lol.

but its ultimately up to you if you think its worth it or not.
antilag?

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
It's an option that messes with the motors tuning to keep exhaust pressure and boost up between shifts and even when idle. It also puts a lot of pressure on the motor, past what the stock can handle easily. Best not to touch that option.

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
It's an option that messes with the motors tuning to keep exhaust pressure and boost up between shifts and even when idle. It also puts a lot of pressure on the motor, past what the stock can handle easily. Best not to touch that option.
I don't even know why you have the ability to fool with it in the first place. They should lock that out

ToofHurts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW CTR
Country flag
I'm also on the fence about purchasing Hondata. Only live once - and don't want to have any regrets that I never did it! I'm starting to say F*&K it.
Sponsored