Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Sport Hatchback (6MT)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
After about a year, I turned off the ACC and just use the normal cruise control. Too many times the ACC would act weird if you gave it an ounce too much faith. My civic is a manual transmission so it was a pain whenever the ACC did something dumb.

I love the lane keep assist though for well-marked highways. I have it set to beep when it can’t sense the lanes so I know that it’s “disarmed”, which is nice.

CMBS gives me some false alarms every so often, when it senses “something” out of nowhere, but it has not erroneously applied brakes yet. I just set the sensitivity to “low” to be on the safe side, ironically.

I turn road departure mitigation system off unless I’m on the interstate and there road is well kept. Otherwise it’s an annoyance.

Some of these features may work better in the CVT, FWIW.
Sponsored

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
It works beautifully on my FK8, and is a large part of the reason I've put on 20k miles in last year despite having other cars to put daily commuting mileage on. All of our Si's are 2017-18 without Sensing, and my parts hauler is an older Odyssey so whenever I need to go somewhere the CTR is first on the list :)

Question for Auto/CVT folks, does yours deactivate under a certain speed? The manuals deactivate at 22mph/35kmh. My wife's 22 Corolla can operate in complete stop and go situations

Ocelot

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 EX-T sedan, '12 LX sedan
Country flag
I've owned my 2016 for a while now, I don't use or like any of the Honda-Sense stuff, ACC is to overbearing, CMBS has gone into error twice and required repair, (BCM replacement, fortunately on warranty - even though I see no value in it, I still needed to fix it to eliminate the nag lights, Lane Departure is no good except on perfectly lined road (not here in Canada) - plus I don't fall asleep or drift anyway and the emergency braking thing has applied the brakes too many times what I'd have never intended to. I'd have liked an option to opt out on these features, or as I prefer to call them, parlor tricks and just have a reliable EX-T

Vainius

First Name
Vainius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 1.5 Hatch
Country flag
It is best thing when you are stuck in traffic. It can go from 0 to 10km/h and again to 0, stop by itself, start by itself, love it.
Highways really good too, they get bit jerky if you use them going more then 170km/h, but slower then that it is very reliable.

SethNES

Banned
Banned
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
It is best thing when you are stuck in traffic. It can go from 0 to 10km/h and again to 0, stop by itself, start by itself, love it.
Highways really good too, they get bit jerky if you use them going more then 170km/h, but slower then that it is very reliable.
I have 19 with nothing but my solution since I'm stick in stop and go on highway is to turn myself into a semi. I'll try to time it where right when I'm about to get close to stopped car in front of me that they start moving again. I slow roll like a semi because what's the point of following right behind someone then having to stop and shift all the time. 2nd gear roller.

Vainius

First Name
Vainius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 1.5 Hatch
Country flag
I have 19 with nothing but my solution since I'm stick in stop and go on highway is to turn myself into a semi. I'll try to time it where right when I'm about to get close to stopped car in front of me that they start moving again. I slow roll like a semi because what's the point of following right behind someone then having to stop and shift all the time. 2nd gear roller.
Slow roll like semi is good thing, but what gets on my nerves is that everyone cuts in front of you if you roll like that. Ohh and thats why i chose CVT, no need to shift ;)

tacocat

First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
Mine is a 19 without it but all the company cars I drive are new Acuras with it and I love it. The new MDX has the latest version and it's very close to self driving on some roads. You just HAVE to understand it's like cruise control. It's there to hold a speed but you have to always be ready to shut it off and take over.

SethNES

Banned
Banned
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Slow roll like semi is good thing, but what gets on my nerves is that everyone cuts in front of you if you roll like that. Ohh and thats why i chose CVT, no need to shift ;)
Yes they do cut in front especially if doing that in fast lane. It just adds a little more difficulty to the game of not coming to complete stop.

Although have to admit the only time I'm jealous of automatic drivers is during severe highway jams.

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
Question for Auto/CVT folks, does yours deactivate under a certain speed? The manuals deactivate at 22mph/35kmh. My wife's 22 Corolla can operate in complete stop and go situations
Nope, mine is active all the way until traffic makes the car come to a stop.

Then if it's stopped for more than a couple seconds, it'll show "Stopped" on the instrument cluster, and it won't move on its own. I need to tap the gas pedal again to cancel the "Stopped" phase and then the car will accelerate on its own. I think it's a failsafe measure — if traffic is truly stopped, you don't want the car's computer to mistakenly decide to accelerate again, so it gives control back to the driver.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
lol turn it off then dont be mad when you smash into a car and its totaled and your dead. My wifes sensing saved us bc it can react quicker than a human can react. car pulled out in front of us and sensing mashed the brakes before I could get my foot there. Sure we still hit the car but the damage was way less and we didnt hit them going 50 mph.

SethNES

Banned
Banned
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
lol turn it off then dont be mad when you smash into a car and its totaled and your dead. My wifes sensing saved us bc it can react quicker than a human can react. car pulled out in front of us and sensing mashed the brakes before I could get my foot there. Sure we still hit the car but the damage was way less and we didnt hit them going 50 mph.
Yeah gotta drive with mentality that anyone might do something stupid. I drive aggressively but I'm also defensively expecting anything could happen.

On highways that are just regular/low traffic and not jammed I usually find myself in the middle of the pack surrounded by no one. I got the really true speeders in front and all the slow asses behind me. Then there's me usually by myself.

A week or two ago I had semi close call but wasn't bad. Saw an old guy start turning out of parking lot from left and noticed he didn't see me. I could have slowed down or floored it. I decided to floor it and by time he was about to come into my lane I blew by him. Probably scared the shit out of him but if anything it would have been his fault.

bluzfanmr1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Touring Coupe, '10 Hyundai Tucson
Country flag
Nope, mine is active all the way until traffic makes the car come to a stop.

Then if it's stopped for more than a couple seconds, it'll show "Stopped" on the instrument cluster, and it won't move on its own. I need to tap the gas pedal again to cancel the "Stopped" phase and then the car will accelerate on its own. I think it's a failsafe measure — if traffic is truly stopped, you don't want the car's computer to mistakenly decide to accelerate again, so it gives control back to the driver.
You can also push the resume + button to start moving again, if you didn't know.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You and your wife probably weren't paying attention.

Lmao - "sure we still hit the car, but the damage was way less and we didn't hit them going 50mph"

Dude no amount of safety features can help a careless driver that forgets they're not alone on the roadway. No excuses AT ALL, for rear-ending someone unless you get brake checked recklessly where it is out of your control.
look here mf'er, I was definitely paying attention. and since your da cant read, where did I say I rear ended them? no matter how much attention you pay, others people still do dumb shit, so maybe shut your trap since you weren't there
Sponsored