Is "Honda FK8 Civic Type R Product Reviews Group" a SCAM??

Status
Not open for further replies.

ApexEight

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I think there is some room for improvement in that group and the the people that admin it.
I got banned yesterday for posting SAE research related to intake valve deposits (catch cans). The scientific research contradicts what they were promoting about catch cans.

Does this seem worthy of being banned?

Honestly, do you really want to follow a "how to" from somebody that thinks there are two opposing threads when dealing with a shift knob?
Lmfaooo, that was hilarious. I think he finally realized he was wrong when that guy pointed out he was interpreting the manual incorrectly on page 2, then he just stopped responding. It's annoying when people can't admit their mistakes... But even though he was wrong about this and other stuff, it doesn't mean he has zero good information to share about other stuff, but yeah definitely proceed with caution with any information you come across on the internet.

Anon account is kinda lame. Just post your own opinion from your own account imo. But yeah, it's not technically a scam because you aren't paying for anything.

I always thought this dude's name was suspicious. Like his name really Aston Martin...? And he has no actual profile pictures, just pictures of his poodles. Just seems a little suspicious/weird.
Sponsored

Ouhei

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW CTR
Country flag
Lol that anon account got nuked. Good stuff.

That group (and it's owners) are jokes. I have no problem with anyone running a review group so they can get free parts, the problem becomes when you actively bash competitor products you have zero experience with. He has gone out of his way to crap on other products in an effort to promote who he has partnerships with. He also posts ALL THE TIME as if he has insider information on everything, when most of the time it's info anyone can find if they look.

I don't blame any company for wanting to promote their product, but I wouldn't want to be associated with that group at all.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Even though I don't like how he communicates most of the time, he has provided some good information. I don't think I'd say he's actively scamming people.

He does seem to claim track experience but I haven't seen any actual proof of that, which is kinda weird.

His comments at the beginning of this thread were amusing. https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/how-many-bought-mods-then-felt-it-ruined-the-car.38321/
It is a scam. It may not be for money but it is a fraud. false information is not good information. He mixes the bad info with the good info and bans people who disagrees with him so he can brainwash people to think he knows what he is talking about.

do you really want to look at posts of a "review" group that is so biased.

I can't know for sure. A lot of users got PO'd when he started spamming his products in various competitor threads up here (examples were spamming his Overland products in a couple SWEIDIT threads and calling SWEIDIT trash while doing so) and copy pasta'ing each of his new "reviews" in 2-3 threads for each review. Last I heard from him (on FB); this forum is full of misinformation and they want him to pay to use it (I'm assuming he was acting more like a sponsor/advertiser than a normal forum member, but again, I can't know for sure).
lol i saw that post. "CivicX is full of misinformation"
have you seen some of his post towards sweidit? lol. its really funny.

I think there is some room for improvement in that group and the the people that admin it.
I got banned yesterday for posting SAE research related to intake valve deposits (catch cans). The scientific research contradicts what they were promoting about catch cans.

Does this seem worthy of being banned?
thats why there is no room for improvement. As long as the admins stays the same, it will not change. According to him, yes it was worthy of you to get banned. You disagreed with what he said. :rofl:

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
lol i saw that post. "CivicX is full of misinformation"
have you seen some of his post towards sweidit? lol. its really funny.
I wasn't part of the FB group when the entire SWEIDIT thing went down. Though I did see some screenshots a certain someone had made an album out of. Lots of funny stuff :p Also explained him pushing Overland here on all the SWEIDIT threads though (guess that may have backfired on him?).

Centripetal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 RSX Type S, 2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
Lmfaooo, that was hilarious. I think he finally realized he was wrong when that guy pointed out he was interpreting the manual incorrectly on page 2, then he just stopped responding. It's annoying when people can't admit their mistakes... But even though he was wrong about this and other stuff, it doesn't mean he has zero good information to share about other stuff, but yeah definitely proceed with caution with any information you come across on the internet.

Anon account is kinda lame. Just post your own opinion from your own account imo. But yeah, it's not technically a scam because you aren't paying for anything.

I always thought this dude's name was suspicious. Like his name really Aston Martin...? And he has no actual profile pictures, just pictures of his poodles. Just seems a little suspicious/weird.
Are you saying the internet isn't fact!? lol. That's why I usually get my information from engineering journals or my experience as an engineer. I wasn't speaking in absolutes. The extra pictures were helpful. I think of it like this though, if he was my mechanic and stripped my threads and gave me that explanation, I would never use that mechanic again.

It's a shame that people reach adulthood and cannot admit they've made a mistake. We're trying to teach our daughter that right now... fun times.
Mistakes are completely normal. Especially in technical fields. You make the best judgement you can with the information you have. If you have unexpected results, you were wrong about something. Rinse. Repeat.

Speaking of mistakes I just deleted my last post because I thought I had double posted ?‍♂

I'm no lawyer but I could see it hitting all the elements of fraud. The injury being something like voiding warranty from his false statements. I do see what you are saying, the gain for him is indirect because he's getting advertisement money and free parts from another party.

eDUB632

First Name
eDUB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 TYPE R
Country flag
page does seem a bit biased but yikes =(

WhiskeyTango

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Yup. Aston hides behind a fake account and exploits people for free or heavily discounted stuff. He made all sorts of threats to Aaron at Sweidit when he wouldn't give him anything to "review" for free. Then went on to slander his company in numerous posts.

I was banned from the page almost a year ago over a Hondata/Ktuner argument and was told by Aston that my car "was now flagged as tuned" with Honda :rolleyes:

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Gotta wonder how he even got his Lambo in the first place? Probably with shady deals like he does on his FB page :popcorn:

WhiskeyTango

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Funny enough, I actually created the "unbiased" page with an identical name last year after I saw what he was doing. Haven't done anything with it though. Was kinda just hoping people would go there and actually post good, unbiased reviews :dunno: Or bash the fuck out of Aston. Either woulda been cool with me.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
I wasn't part of the FB group when the entire SWEIDIT thing went down. Though I did see some screenshots a certain someone had made an album out of. Lots of funny stuff :p Also explained him pushing Overland here on all the SWEIDIT threads though (guess that may have backfired on him?).
oh so you know about his $100/month subscription fee or send a sample to waive that fee "rule"
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.