fundseeker

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Lx
Country flag
We`re just about to take delivery of a new 2019 Lx Sedan. Hoping to keep it for 10 years or so. With all the electronics would the 7 year 130,000 km extended warranty be a worthwhile investment. Has anyone else here had any major electronic or other wise costly failures on the 10`th generation models that could happen after 3 years. Thanks!
Sponsored

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
Especially since you got the LX with the 2.0 engine which is relatively bulletproof, I dont see much use in it. I've had my 2018 EX for a little over 1.5 years and nothing has gone wrong at all so far, and I think it's going to stay that way for a while.

OP
OP

fundseeker

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Lx
Country flag
Only for 1000 or less
Thanks for the reply ,you've got an 87 Elco eh, I had a new 77 Ranchero GT , Brown with bright orange GT stripe, functional for me at the time .More room for luggage than the El but the pinto transmission cost me early , and the windsor 8 wasn't very peppy. Used to haul my snowmobile in the back all winter , and 80 mph Hydrostream ski boat with 200 hp in summer. Had to sell when kids arrived . Good old days.

ulieq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport Coupe 2019
Country flag
That car will last longer than you want it.

87elco

First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 el camino ls swap, 18 civic 6speed, 86 Porsche 911 (euro spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for the reply ,you've got an 87 Elco eh, I had a new 77 Ranchero GT , Brown with bright orange GT stripe, functional for me at the time .More room for luggage than the El but the pinto transmission cost me early , and the windsor 8 wasn't very peppy. Used to haul my snowmobile in the back all winter , and 80 mph Hydrostream ski boat with 200 hp in summer. Had to sell when kids arrived . Good old days.
Yeah cars were slow and inefficient back then...thank god for motor swaps

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Country flag
I never bought extended warranty for my previous 3 new car. With the money I save I can pay for many repair.
Dealer make a big profit on extended warranty, you can fight to have a deal.
I think there are many other place you can buy a extended warranty at better price.

Consumer Reports;

No matter the exact type, extended warranties are an investment in peace of mind that limits financial risk for a set period of time. But beware: A CR member survey conducted in 2013 showed that car owners typically paid more for the coverage than they got back in direct benefits. This isn’t surprising, because extended warranties make a lot of money for those who sell them.

https://www.consumerreports.org/car-repair/get-an-extended-warranty-for-your-car/
Sponsored