Is Honda Care worth buying?

roth91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
I just bought a 2017 civic. Normally I wouldn't buy an extended warranty but I am getting strange vibes from this car that make me nervous. Any thoughts on whether or not I should buy one? Do you think it is worth it?
Sponsored

Gazelle_392

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mercedes S63 Cabriolet
No, don't buy it, nothing will goes wrong. I bought it just because I think electrical stuff will go wrong but now I am about to cancel it.

bembol

SHIFT_
First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 Sport Touring, 20 Audi Q3 Progressiv
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
As they say "it's a Honda."

I told my sister not to on her 2010 Acura TSX and she only has a few more months before her extended warranty ends.

I bought it for my Nissan only because it's my first AWD and just heard stories how expensive it is.

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
I always say that buying extended warranty is wrong on principle alone. If you buy it, you're essentially betting that your car will fail. If that's the case, why'd you buy the car to begin with? That's the principle behind it before I get into how $1,500-$2,500 now that you didn't pay Honda is worth a lot more than any repair that you will perform withing 7 years or whatever your plan is.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I bought an extended warranty on my last car. The finance guy basically wore me down until I finally said "no mas" and signed on the dotted line. I vowed to never buy one again. I think the money is probably better spent elsewhere.

Gazelle_392

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mercedes S63 Cabriolet
I bought an extended warranty on my last car. The finance guy basically wore me down until I finally said "no mas" and signed on the dotted line. I vowed to never buy one again. I think the money is probably better spent elsewhere.
This is the amount of money for a full exhaust + turbocharger + intake. I cancelled mine because I know anything I do on my car will void the warrenty anyway,,,,,

OP
OP

roth91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
What if the cost was 1,500 for Honda care for 6 year 120K miles? I have already noticed some glitches. For example... my speedometer keeps randomly crashing on me. It goes dark and then boots back up. In order to fix it the dealership needs to witness it happening. I can't reproduce the problem because it is random. My 2012 civic was bullet proof. I refused the extended warranty and never regretted it. By I just don't feel like the quality of my 2017 is up to par.

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Country flag
No I don't buy it.
I never bought any extended warranty on any of my cars.

The money I save ; 5 cars X $1500 = $$$$

I always keep my car at least 10 years, they where not Honda

Last edited:

David Harper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe
Country flag
I bought the EW and cancelled it a month later. They refunded the money to my loan balance, so, no harm no foul. Six of my monthly payments disappeared. What was annoying was I would have thought I was experienced enough not to take it in the first place. It's amazing how dumb you can be when given the hard sell as you're sitting in the finance office signing the papers. I negotiated for the lowest car payment, and then agreed to something that increased it 25 dollars a month!!! Although I might buy an EW on a new Nissan. My experience has been that Nissan's typically require some very expensive fixes between years three and five. Both of mine did. And my brothers Maxima required a 3500 dollar engine fix at 80K miles.

Last edited:

cypress

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think it really depends on how long you are going to have the car. If you plan on getting another car within 3-5 years then No.

I on the other hand with my previous Honda had it for 10 years and the Honda Car paid for itself a couple times when the alternator, AC Compressor, Bearings, Starter started going bad before it got to 100K miles.

Right now I plan on keeping my 2016 Civic for 5-7 years. I got the Extended Warranty.

regularguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic EX w/sensing, 16 Civic EX
Country flag
I went for the 6yr 120k plan with $0 deductible. Cost me $870 through Hyannis. Decided to go for it mainly because of the touchscreen and the Sensing package. I figured since those are both brand new, there's a decent chance the warranty may pay for itself.

CivicSi84

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Chrysler 200
Country flag
What if the cost was 1,500 for Honda care for 6 year 120K miles? I have already noticed some glitches. For example... my speedometer keeps randomly crashing on me. It goes dark and then boots back up. In order to fix it the dealership needs to witness it happening. I can't reproduce the problem because it is random. My 2012 civic was bullet proof. I refused the extended warranty and never regretted it. By I just don't feel like the quality of my 2017 is up to par.
Try and get it on video, thats what I had to do with my 200 that I am doing a lemon law buyback with. Dealer cant replicate the issue and its extremely random so everytime my car did it i busted out the cell phone and got it on video.

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
I went for the 6yr 120k plan with $0 deductible. Cost me $870 through Hyannis. Decided to go for it mainly because of the touchscreen and the Sensing package. I figured since those are both brand new, there's a decent chance the warranty may pay for itself.
No it's not 'brand new'. CMBS and FCW were all introduced on the 2006 Acura RL. It's actually a 11 year old piece of technology by now... I haven't heard of any reports of those systems failing on Acura forums.

regularguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic EX w/sensing, 16 Civic EX
Country flag
No it's not 'brand new'. CMBS and FCW were all introduced on the 2006 Acura RL. It's actually a 11 year old piece of technology by now... I haven't heard of any reports of those systems failing on Acura forums.
My mistake. Perhaps I should have said that the tech is new to me. I trust Hondas with their tried-and-true powertrains and have never purchased a warranty in the past, but I don't quite trust the reliability of this technology yet.
Sponsored