Ty3366!!

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI
Country flag
So I plan on doing a built motor here as soon as my shop has room for me. Does anyone know what the walls can handle? I like the idea of keeping the original motor and just adding forged internals. CSS just seems way to expensive especially if its not needed. I want to hear everyones ideas and thoughts on this so I know which route to go.
Sponsored

Refried_Loaf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 civic '19 civic si
Country flag
I dont know too much about these motors however Ive personally had my b series with css and made over 650whp before going sleeved. So unless the walls are already super thin then I'd say its worth it

OP
OP
Ty3366!!

Ty3366!!

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI
Country flag
I think realistic with this platform, before full vavletrain (specific) and dedicated cams. 8k is as realistic as it gets (with all proper mods). That being said i could see maxing out a 2867 gen ll at maybe 500 whp. With proper fueling of course (Di). Hopefully 4piston makes something similar to their CTR version for the Si!? But at the end of the day i won’t be happy without N2O.. pull a PRL with a 100+ shot. My end goal is at least 500whp nothing less on at least pump e85. So i guess a more specified version of the question would be, at what power level do you need CSS or sleeves of some kind?

kshawn

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
I think realistic with this platform, before full vavletrain (specific) and dedicated cams. 8k is as realistic as it gets (with all proper mods). That being said i could see maxing out a 2867 gen ll at maybe 500 whp. With proper fueling of course (Di). Hopefully 4piston makes something similar to their CTR version for the Si!? But at the end of the day i won’t be happy without N2O.. pull a PRL with a 100+ shot. My end goal is at least 500whp nothing less on at least pump e85. So i guess a more specified version of the question would be, at what power level do you need CSS or sleeves of some kind?
Eman makes a di kit for the si. Its 1900.

OP
OP
Ty3366!!

Ty3366!!

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic SI
Country flag
Is he advertising it yet? Whats it rated for? Link ?

Refried_Loaf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 civic '19 civic si
Country flag
$350 is extremely cheap when it comes to adding extra insurance that works thats, realistically speaking. You also dont need nitrous to achieve a 500whp build nor cams. 500whp has been achieved at e60 blend but with 4 more injectors. So no you dont need css but its just insurance just in case, I dont think there have been enough blown up big power cars on this platform to determine if there is cylinder walk to know if cylinder support is needed at x power but anytime you increase cylinder pressures it should be taken into consideration. I'd contact PRL themselves for a build recipe, eliminate the guesswork

Daelen@MAP

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Daelen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
You will be sure to get a lot of conflicting info, and honestly at the end of the day do what your engine builder (If they are good) recommends.

CSS is a great product and works very well in these applications. Is it absolutely needed at 500hp? Nope, we ran ours above that for a good amount of time beating the absolute crap out of it. If you are running a smaller turbo and boost comes on fast, id lean to wanting the extra safety of having it. We ran a GTX3076 and kept the Tq down so we for sure we're a bit more on the "safe" side even at 45psi. The cylinders are not thick on these things, and sleeving is going to be a real pain to make work. CSS is really the best option out there right now.

I like the idea of having it for more headgakset safety if not anything else, and in my experience, if you "only want 500hp now" by the time next year rolls around 600 will be what you want, and you will wish you did the CSS.

-Daelen

Refried_Loaf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 civic '19 civic si
Country flag
You will be sure to get a lot of conflicting info, and honestly at the end of the day do what your engine builder (If they are good) recommends.

CSS is a great product and works very well in these applications. Is it absolutely needed at 500hp? Nope, we ran ours above that for a good amount of time beating the absolute crap out of it. If you are running a smaller turbo and boost comes on fast, id lean to wanting the extra safety of having it. We ran a GTX3076 and kept the Tq down so we for sure we're a bit more on the "safe" side even at 45psi. The cylinders are not thick on these things, and sleeving is going to be a real pain to make work. CSS is really the best option out there right now.

I like the idea of having it for more headgakset safety if not anything else, and in my experience, if you "only want 500hp now" by the time next year rolls around 600 will be what you want, and you will wish you did the CSS.

-Daelen
Best response
Sponsored