Is anyone thinking of trading in their FK8 Type R for the new FL5 Type R ?

ManitobaSI

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
They are highly restricting the volume of Canada bound new Rs. Wonder how many will make for US
Sponsored

cariboublue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2004 Mazda 3
Country flag
I got mine brand new the last year made, '79. I loved that car. Had a lot of people pull out in front of me and always said "I didn't see you"! It was british green,the color of grass lol. The only mechanical problem I ever had with it was the slave cylinder once, and occasionally when driven hard and parked, the carbs would heat soak and not work.
After a pretty idiotic Quaalude induced ditching, the body shop totaled it.
Oh well, I had a good run with it! Like a damn go-cart.
This sounds like Wolf of Wall St hahaha. Nice.

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Type R, 08 CRV, 06 Oddy, 14 Accord 9th Gen V6
Country flag
Why? 🤦🏻‍♂️

Maybe the only thing I find lacking in our 10th Gens is the outdated infortainment system but that doesn’t justify a trade in. 10th Gen is unique and one of a kind. The 11th Gens will look like a normal Civic with a slapped-on aftermarket spoiler.

Last edited:

R14344

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Focus Hatchback Titanium, 2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I am certainly going to my local Honda dealer to check it out when it shows up. I'll ask how much with the Fk8 trade in. Realistically though no I don't plan to. The 11 Gen is impressive with some nice improvements but I'm a little disappointed with the toned down styling. Apart from the performance the great appeal of the 10 Gen is the bonkers design.

TheGreekFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BB CTR, '23 SO 4Runner TRD Pro
Country flag
I'm not into muscle cars.....but if I was, I wouldn't blame anyone one bit for "upgrading" from a CTR to a new hellcat. As much as its not my thing, you gotta love the coke-induced blaze of glory end to the V8s Dodge is putting on.

Cool ICE cars are sadly coming to an end. Enthusiasts always find something to bitch about but we're objectively gonna look back and realize that this is one of the best era for performance cars ever. Even Toyota has suprised everyone and put out some pretty exciting stuff.

Our FK8s are amazing. I expect the new CTR to be amazing too. Nice time to be into cars if you have the coin.

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
I'm not into muscle cars.....but if I was, I wouldn't blame anyone one bit for "upgrading" from a CTR to a new hellcat. As much as its not my thing, you gotta love the coke-induced blaze of glory end to the V8s Dodge is putting on.

Cool ICE cars are sadly coming to an end. Enthusiasts always find something to bitch about but we're objectively gonna look back and realize that this is one of the best era for performance cars ever. Even Toyota has suprised everyone and put out some pretty exciting stuff.

Our FK8s are amazing. I expect the new CTR to be amazing too. Nice time to be into cars if you have the coin.
That is quite a package from Dodge it even has a Rolls Royce transmission to hold all that power. I drove a hellcat charger and was toying around with getting one for my wife but she couldn't park it :x lol!

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag

Yeah it is an amazing time and a harsh one to be a car enthusiast.....

Fountainhead

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
our home is worth waaaay more than we paid for it now, but the dilemma is any other house is probably equal to or more that the home we have now....same with cars (in our area everything has ADM). Well-everything I've looked at anyway.
Sponsored