Is anyone thinking of trading in their FK8 Type R for the new FL5 Type R ?

elisalsa24

First Name
Elias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Country flag
So much right with this post!

There's a feedback loop at work here (in countries that allow ADM ***cough*** USA ***cough***): fewer production numbers -> higher ADM -> only higher-SES people can/will buy them -> condoning the ADM -> and so forth.

But, let's not put the onus totally on higher-SES folks: those in the middle-class who paid any ADM are also culpable because 1) no one absolutely-needs-a-CTR-or-your-life-is-going-to-end, and 2) y'all paid ADM because you lack behavioral control, and had to appease your ego -> condoning ADM -> screwing both y'all and everyone else.

Everyone see how this works? One solution is for folks who can afford luxuries to stop buying them. Let's think of it this way, higher-SES folks: you like to have your riches, yeah? Well, the best thing you can do to keep your riches is to buy low. And y'all know how to get manufacturers to drop their prices? Boycott that sht until they do.

(BTW, OP: this isn't aimed at you. Just springboarding off your great post.)
what do these acronyms mean?
Sponsored

Res0zsfa

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona N, CTR, G35 (sold), 01 s2k, 370z (sold)
Country flag
Fk8 sounds cooler though šŸ˜
Would love the wireless apple carplay on the new one

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
what do these acronyms mean?
ADM = Additional Dealer Markup (AKA greedy nonsense)
SES = Socioeconomic Status (e.g., annual income)
CTR = Civic Type R
BTW = By The Way
OP = Original Poster

SmokeGhost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 civic type r
Country flag
I imagine a higher base price and higher total with adm. with regular cars coming with adm from the shortage. The limited make type r adm will be the stuff of legends.

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
Just a bit of warning - those that are 'Imma trade for sure' - go sit in a new Civic non-type R and see how you feel about the interior. I did that and was thinking about the new model - after sitting in the new platform with the AC vents and such I immediately started looking for, and purchased, my 2021.

The car may be incredible but between the styling and the interior - not for me.

Mr. X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R #45600
Country flag
Hell No. The FK8 is an over engineered master piece that most don't believe. The body was the issue most people complained about but every aspect of it serves a purpose. Now it's too dumbed down because of regular people know appreciating how advanced it really is. I'm not upgrading until an electric type r comes out. Only a matter of time now. It's the same under all that regular wrap in reality with a few minor tweaks. Waste of money and a down grade.
šŸ’Æ šŸ’Æ

OP
OP
TECATO

TECATO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
Apparently these pics were leaked from Japan. The car looks nice, but reminds me of a sporty sedan. I donā€™t get the race car vibe that I get with my FK8.

Honda Civic 10th gen Is anyone thinking of trading in their FK8 Type R for the new FL5 Type R ? 276508D6-AFEB-4B9C-BFE3-EBE7CA99A099

Honda Civic 10th gen Is anyone thinking of trading in their FK8 Type R for the new FL5 Type R ? C86F99D0-2EFD-4415-871A-9C112EFCF78D

Honda Civic 10th gen Is anyone thinking of trading in their FK8 Type R for the new FL5 Type R ? E4B125F6-21EA-4D95-A15A-0BA2AFB18AE6

TypeR-JJ

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
Aw. California doesn't allow trade-in tax credits.

That's another $4-5k in taxes and $600 reg. That's a hard pass for me then. Better off spending that money on performance and suspension mods for the FK8. :D

MoodySara

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Type R - Boost Blue; 2024 Civic Touring - SGP
Country flag
Probably not at first.
I think it's a moot point anyway because they will be really, really scarce.
I'll be surprised to see any 'on the lot' for a year or more.
I'll just have to live with my BBP 2021.
At least I don't have the tax problem a couple of people have mentioned - no sales tax in my state.

VashTheStampede

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8, FK7, EG2
Country flag
Apparently these pics were leaked from Japan. The car looks nice, but reminds me of a sporty sedan. I donā€™t get the race car vibe that I get with my FK8.

276508D6-AFEB-4B9C-BFE3-EBE7CA99A099.jpeg

C86F99D0-2EFD-4415-871A-9C112EFCF78D.png

E4B125F6-21EA-4D95-A15A-0BA2AFB18AE6.png
If you wouldā€™ve told me 20 years ago that this is the new Accord Type R I wouldā€™ve looked at these pics and believed it.

realis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Type R
Country flag
I believe this will be a great looking car in person, just as the FK8 is. Honda will have the same level and attention to detail of engineering as the FK8 if not better.

But, i'm not moving to it yet, perhaps in the latter years. It will be astronomically difficult to get a hold of one this year, and the next. I haven't even considered parting out to move to the FL5.

It will be an engineering marvel of a car though I believe that to be true