Is anyone sporting Oedro-brand floor mats in their Type R's?

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Type R, 08 CRV, 06 Oddy, 14 Accord 9th Gen V6
Country flag
Hi everyone, I went to Ebay to look for some inexpensive floor mats to replace the nice, OEM Type-R mats as I wanted to store them and keep them in their nice condition. I bought this brand called Oedro that is an alternative to the expensive Weathertech's and a set of fronts/rears costed me just under $100.

I wanted to know if anyone is having issues with the driver side floor mat where somehow the channel in the design causes the heel of your foot to get caught when trying to shift gears with the clutch. I'm thinking whether or not to return these and/or maybe covering that area up with tape. I think it's a bad design to even put anything horizontal where small channels like that can get caught with the edge of your shoe. Any thoughts of ideas are greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Sponsored

dwag0588

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR, 2014 Mazda CX-5, 2006 NC Miata, 2018 Silverado 5.3 (work)
Country flag
I have these and I’m very happy with them. I’ve done several autocross events without any issues, but I have big feet. I’m actually very pleased with the fit and quality of the Oedro mats.

OP
OP
MrTuckers

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have these and I’m very happy with them. I’ve done several autocross events without any issues, but I have big feet. I’m actually very pleased with the fit and quality of the Oedro mats.
Thanks for the feedback. My feet are size 8 and the heel of my shoe seems to always get caught in that channel that goes across in the design. That's the issue I'm having right now. I looked at Weathertech's design and it looks like their lines go in the opposite direction.

WhisperPickle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Husky liners and size 13 US men's shoe here. Fit and finish is great, with more dead pedal coverage than WeatherTech. My wife's Subie also has Husky liners. I'm now a happy repeat customer.

Byron Sexton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazdaspeed6, 2020 Civic Type R SGP #36784
Country flag
I have them..i actually brought them from amazon. I love those floor mats. an alternative to OEM

disgraced.fk8

IG: @break_ya_neck_fk7
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The all weather Oedro mats are the best in the game for the price. I'm not sure what they run now but I got the full front and rear for $80 including shipping which was only a few days as well. I've run mine for a year and they're basically still new.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Make sure the driver side is clipped in on the OEM twisty clip. I don’t have the issue you’re talking about though unfortunately.

dwag0588

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I discovered something alarming today related to these mats and thought I should bump this thread. I believe these were preventing me from actually achieving WOT. The liner goes behind the base of the throttle pedal and prevents you from completely engaging it. I have trimmed back the offending portion of the mat, but I haven’t had a chance to rag on the car since then.

OP
OP
MrTuckers

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I discovered something alarming today related to these mats and thought I should bump this thread. I believe these were preventing me from actually achieving WOT. The liner goes behind the base of the throttle pedal and prevents you from completely engaging it. I have trimmed back the offending portion of the mat, but I haven’t had a chance to rag on the car since then.
Have you also ran into the issue that I was having, where your heel would get caught whenever you're about to position your foot on the clutch? I'm wondering if the other folks here that don't see the issue may have a different design in the groves on the mat or something. One thing of note; I bought these from EBAY so not sure if I got some counterfeits or in fact maybe it's a different design all-in-all.

Nonethless, I'll try to take a photo of the area I'm talking about next time I go out to the car.

dwag0588

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So this is confirmed. I feel like I gained 10-15 hp. Definitely check your throttle pedal travel. Mine was affected by these mats even with the use of an Acuity pedal spacer. The fix was easy, but this is a design flaw. I suspect the weather tech mats would have the same issue.

OP
OP
MrTuckers

MrTuckers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Have you also ran into the issue that I was having, where your heel would get caught whenever you're about to position your foot on the clutch? I'm wondering if the other folks here that don't see the issue may have a different design in the groves on the mat or something. One thing of note; I bought these from EBAY so not sure if I got some counterfeits or in fact maybe it's a different design all-in-all.

Nonethless, I'll try to take a photo of the area I'm talking about next time I go out to the car.
This is the culprit area that grabs the back of my shoes whenever I'm in position to brake or clutch. It's this horizontal channel going from left to right.

I'm thinking of covering up that channel with tape. I also forgot to mention my shoes are Adidas NMDs so the back edges are more pronounced.

Honda Civic 10th gen Is anyone sporting Oedro-brand floor mats in their Type R's? image

Honda Civic 10th gen Is anyone sporting Oedro-brand floor mats in their Type R's? 198AE550-E8C1-4D3B-B744-A1F52201CA4F

Last edited:

sjt

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R NFR, 2004 S2000, 2008 STI hatchback, 1994 Integra GSR, 1987 Accord, 1964 Volvo 122S
Country flag
I have these mats and they have one problem, which is that they have a 1/3" gap between the drivers door opening and where the left vertical side of the mat starts. This allows dirt to drop down to the carpet instead of being caught by these otherwise good mats.

I cannot remember the price point I paid, but they were a LOT cheaper than alternatives.

diakonia

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type-R, Accord, CRV
Country flag
Hi everyone, I went to Ebay to look for some inexpensive floor mats to replace the nice, OEM Type-R mats as I wanted to store them and keep them in their nice condition. I bought this brand called Oedro that is an alternative to the expensive Weathertech's and a set of fronts/rears costed me just under $100.

I wanted to know if anyone is having issues with the driver side floor mat where somehow the channel in the design causes the heel of your foot to get caught when trying to shift gears with the clutch. I'm thinking whether or not to return these and/or maybe covering that area up with tape. I think it's a bad design to even put anything horizontal where small channels like that can get caught with the edge of your shoe. Any thoughts of ideas are greatly appreciated. Thanks!
I have these mats made by Lloyds
Very durable very nice

Honda Civic 10th gen Is anyone sporting Oedro-brand floor mats in their Type R's? F8F13E6A-F838-4141-99BB-82039EBCBDD7

Allison 2021

First Name
Shiming
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Country flag
I have been using OEDRO floor mats for a month, I bought them at their retail store, not Amazon. I think the retail store might be more professional...
I have their 15% discount code that applies to all products: oecarparts15
Maybe it's helpful for people who want to buy..

They fit perfectly and are cheap, and can be used as a substitute for weathertech:)
Honda Civic 10th gen Is anyone sporting Oedro-brand floor mats in their Type R's? floor_mats_1
Sponsored