Is anti-lag tune bad for turbo?

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe 91 Talon TSI AWD 6262 280's N20 and 87 Buick Regal T 6776bb built N20
So tuning out turbo lag will not cause severe issues like anti-lag tuning will?
correct. BUT. High boost pressure to soon or at too low of an rpm can bend/break connecting rods. If you do any "tuning" to the car my advice for you would be run a basemap and use quick adjustments only. Or contact a real tuner. And as stated do not use anything called "anti lag".
Sponsored

OP
OP
NoHonor937

NoHonor937

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lunar silver coupe 1.5T
Country flag
correct. BUT. High boost pressure to soon or at too low of an rpm can bend/break connecting rods. If you do any "tuning" to the car my advice for you would be run a basemap and use quick adjustments only. Or contact a real tuner. And as stated do not use anything called "anti lag".
I’m only using ktuners reccomemdation. And only enough to reduce the lag. Once I get the tuner I will post a thread to figure out exactly what I should use.

NoKz

Speed Limit Tester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si Coupe (Sold 12/2021)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Everyone I know that has actively used Anti-Lag in a 10th Gen has had issues with their vehicle as a result of doing so. I'll continue to avoid it.

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe 91 Talon TSI AWD 6262 280's N20 and 87 Buick Regal T 6776bb built N20
Everyone I know that has actively used Anti-Lag in a 10th Gen has had issues with their vehicle as a result of doing so. I'll continue to avoid it.
Which is why I find it borderline irresponsible for there to be a "quick enable antilag" option available to people who have no idea what its doing or why its doing it, given the damage it can do. All most owners of these cars know is "i push this button and floor the gas and I get cool popping noise like I have seen on youtube!"

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
High boost pressure to soon or at too low of an rpm can bend/break connecting rods. If you do any "tuning" to the car my advice for you would be run a basemap and use quick adjustments only. Or contact a real tuner.
I agree. A member here recently posted how he bumped up boost over the base 21psi map starting at 2000 rpm on his non-Si turbo. But like I mentioned to him, it may feel better, but he's living on the edge as far as problems. I had a nice chat with KTuner founder JR a while back discussing users adding boost to the base maps. He suggested ONLY increasing boost after 3500 rpm up to maybe 5000 rpm and then tapering it off.

NoKz

Speed Limit Tester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Which is why I find it borderline irresponsible for there to be a "quick enable antilag" option available to people who have no idea what its doing or why its doing it, given the damage it can do. All most owners of these cars know is "i push this button and floor the gas and I get cool popping noise like I have seen on youtube!"
Yeah, but I don't believe it's the company's responsibility to police that. It's already clear that if you don't know what you're doing, don't do it on Hondata/KTuner. It falls on the end-user to accept responsibility when they do it anyways. I would prefer to have all features unlocked than to have to ask the company to unlock a feature by proving I know what it does. Darwinism is needed in this world. Without it, you have too many people who should have been weeded out that are still here doing stupid sh*t that affects the rest of us.

Honda Civic 10th gen Is anti-lag tune bad for turbo? hqdefault

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, but I don't believe it's the company's responsibility to police that. It's already clear that if you don't know what you're doing, don't do it on Hondata/KTuner. It falls on the end-user to accept responsibility when they do it anyways. I would prefer to have all features unlocked than to have to ask the company to unlock a feature by proving I know what it does. Darwinism is needed in this world. Without it, you have too many people who should have been weeded out that are still here doing stupid sh*t that affects the rest of us.

hqdefault.jpg
Agreed. Strange days we live in. So much acting without thinking. Im saying borderline because you are 100% correct and I feel the same way. To add to that conversation though the ability should be there for those with the knowledge to "set it up". Not make it a 2 click and upload procedure if you get what I am saying.

NoKz

Speed Limit Tester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The ability should be there for those with the knowledge to "set it up". Not make it a 2 click and upload procedure if you get what I am saying.
Again, Darwinism. If you can't be bothered to take the time and learn what something is, you deserve the consequences. You shouldn't have to have someone hold your hand and say "Now Timmy, this is very very dangerous. OK? If you want to use it, you need to get mommy, daddy or an adult. Ok sweetie?" Think of it as a knife. Yeah, it can be dangerous. But you're expected to know how to use it and what it does. Afterall, you just spent 400+ dollars on the swiss-army knife of Tuners.

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Again, Darwinism. If you can't be bothered to take the time and learn what something is, you deserve the consequences. You shouldn't have to have someone hold your hand and say "Now Timmy, this is very very dangerous. OK? If you want to use it, you need to get mommy, daddy or an adult. Ok sweetie?" Think of it as a knife. Yeah, it can be dangerous. But you're expected to know how to use it and what it does. Afterall, you just spent 400+ dollars on the swiss-army knife of Tuners.
Lol. True. Screw it, let em learn.

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You being up a good point. I know anti-lag comes with a warning statement on the online help. Many may not read it at all or heed the warning if they do.

I'm in the camp I'm very happy Ktuner gave us functionality that may take us to the edge. It may break the car. They could have given us a locked product and only provided some 'advanced users' code for professional tuners. They didn't. They gave us the tools to blow ourselves up... and I'm thankful they did.

I think a lot of folks think tuning is like overclocking a computers CPU. But they don't think about rather than getting a blue screen of death and the computer rebooting without issue... you may have caused thousands of dollars of damage and you just can't take it back.

We may be finding that our little engine, depending on the scenerio, just can't take to anti-lag that well. It may have a place for guys on the ragged edge, who want to set records... or as the junkyard fill with inexpensive spares and you're confident of inexpensive motor swaps.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
People with CVTs were asking for anti lag, and I'm like bruh, you really wanna murder your CVT, and they were telling KTuner, I promise I wont launch with it, I just want to make noise. Smartly, Ktuner has never given cvt owners the ability to do that.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
How many people are even using anti lag for it's actual intended purposes?

I bet most people are just using it to be cool in parking lots to create pops and bangs.

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am just very thankful I have owned mine since 7 miles. The used market of these cars will be very....interesting.....to say the least in a few years. lmao

NoKz

Speed Limit Tester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Lol. True. Screw it, let em learn.
That's the spirit! :lol:

People with CVTs were asking for anti lag, and I'm like bruh, you really wanna murder your CVT, and they were telling KTuner, I promise I wont launch with it, I just want to make noise. Smartly, Ktuner has never given cvt owners the ability to do that.
Shhhh! Let em! Let's really find out the limit of the CVT. :thumbsup:

How many people are even using anti lag for it's actual intended purposes?

I bet most people are just using it to be cool in parking lots to create pops and bangs.
Honda Civic 10th gen Is anti-lag tune bad for turbo? 71%2BcH40YLkL
Sponsored