kanyeasasda

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring Hatchback
Country flag
Thinking of adding a new amp and sub in my 18 sport touring hatch. I'm pretty new to this, so I'm having a hard time choosing parts and what I need and don't. I've got the sub and amp from a Crutchfield helper, but I'm wondering if a LC2i is worth the sound improvement. Also if I do choose to install a sub without an amp, will it be dangerous to the sub?
Sponsored

rileyj98

First Name
riley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic coupe
Country flag
Yes I have one in my 18 coupe lx for my Rockford Fosgate Amp and JL w1v2 12"sub and it's amazing

OP
OP

kanyeasasda

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yes I have one in my 18 coupe lx for my Rockford Fosgate Amp and JL w1v2 12"sub and it's amazing
Nice! Just a quick question did you have to add another power wire from the battery to power the LC2i and the amp? I'm kinda confused cause I've only seen videos where people only route one power wire from the battery. I'm always confused, how do they power the LC2i as well?

rileyj98

First Name
riley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic coupe
Country flag
Nice! Just a quick question did you have to add another power wire from the battery to power the LC2i and the amp? I'm kinda confused cause I've only seen videos where people only route one power wire from the battery. I'm always confused, how do they power the LC2i as well?
I'm not 100% sure as I have a friend who owns an audio shop so I just had him do the install ?? but I believe it gets the power and signal from the head unit as a pre Amp level and then converts it into the full Amp level for the Amp to read and send out to the subwoofer but I wouldn't quote me on that I may be wrong

CopperPeacock

First Name
Brianna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 MSM FC3
Country flag
The LC2i just needs a 12v+ and a ground to operate, it doesn't have to be from the battery itself. It also will generate a turn on if you install it in a car without an easy switched 12v but I've experienced issues with them not turning off/on in some cars. so I tend to not use the GTO feature. Just move the GTO jumper to off and hook up a switched 12v to "Remote in" as well. the "Remote out" does exactly what you think it does.

The most important part of installing the LC2i is knowing how to set it up properly.

OP
OP

kanyeasasda

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The LC2i just needs a 12v+ and a ground to operate, it doesn't have to be from the battery itself. It also will generate a turn on if you install it in a car without an easy switched 12v but I've experienced issues with them not turning off/on in some cars. so I tend to not use the GTO feature. Just move the GTO jumper to off and hook up a switched 12v to "Remote in" as well. the "Remote out" does exactly what you think it does.

The most important part of installing the LC2i is knowing how to set it up properly.
Oh ok got it. Yea there's so much I'm having a hard time understanding what goes where.

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag
You're going to want to install an amp. The factory amp is garbage, and is the entire reason the factory system is so underwhelming.

Ocelaris

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 328xi
Country flag
The factory amp by the passenger foot well (closer to the door under the glove box).

The benefit of the LC2i is that you can "sum" the front channel + Sub to get a more complete signal for the Sub channel. Without the front, you get a steep cutoff on the sub, so it doesn't sound as good. I started with just tapping the sub to run into the mini-amp for an aftermarket 8" shallow depth sub, and I just wasn't happy with it. I tapped the front right speaker at the passenger floor (by the glove compartment), and that improved the sub sound drastically. If I were to do it again, I'd do a LC7i so I could add an amp for the front 2 speakers. But for just adding a sub, the LC2i is great for getting a more complete signal to the sub amp.

https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/2018-premium-audio-system.33835/

KYRGYZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic LX, 18 Model X 100D
Build Thread
Link
Country flag

where do you take turn on signal on stock HU and factory amp?

CopperPeacock

First Name
Brianna
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 MSM FC3
Country flag
In the Civic?

Usually they'll have switched fuse positions open so I add fuse taps to those and use that. If all the fuses are populated I use the cigar lighter fuse.

Ocelaris

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 328xi
Country flag
The Lc2i does that for you with its DC offset feature. Just tap the speaker outputs of the amp and run those to the lc2i. Then the lc2i provides a 12v trigger for you.