2019 Honda Civic SI Sedan
Country flag

MYSI2112

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18’ SI
Country flag
do yall think the w1 will have some sort of price change when the w2 comes out?
Probably not. I thought the same thing but the W2 is not a replacement for the W1. People will continue to buy the W1 so the price will most likely stay the same. I’m right there with you though ?

10thgenSIcoupeBLK

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen Civic si coupe
Country flag
Probably not. I thought the same thing but the W2 is not a replacement for the W1. People will continue to buy the W1 so the price will most likely stay the same. I’m right there with you though ?
Yeah price is a little crazy, I sometimes think why not just do the prl for a little more, for the price of the flex fuel kit, finding e85, and getting the w1 or w2 I can just spend a littttttle more and get the prl and not have e85 at all, but what do I know ?‍♀ 27 won has great products though

_1slowsi_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Si
Country flag
i just don't want to purchase it couple weeks goes buy and the price goes down ? the waiting begins aha

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Yeah price is a little crazy, I sometimes think why not just do the prl for a little more, for the price of the flex fuel kit, finding e85, and getting the w1 or w2 I can just spend a littttttle more and get the prl and not have e85 at all, but what do I know ?‍♀ 27 won has great products though
You're comparing apples and oranges a bit though. With the PRL big turbo you'll lose a ton of low-end torque unless you have a built motor.

W1 keeps a respectable low-end on stock blocks, but can't compete up high. Which is where the ethanol would come in. W2 sits in the middle of W1 and PRL.

Depends on your driving style and preferences obviously. If you're just looking for peak power then sure, PRL is a great option. But if you like having a usable low end, then factor in the cost of rods to your PRL turbo kit.

_1slowsi_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Si
Country flag
You're comparing apples and oranges a bit though. With the PRL big turbo you'll lose a ton of low-end torque unless you have a built motor.

W1 keeps a respectable low-end on stock blocks, but can't compete up high. Which is where the ethanol would come in. W2 sits in the middle of W1 and PRL.

Depends on your driving style and preferences obviously. If you're just looking for peak power then sure, PRL is a great option. But if you like having a usable low end, then factor in the cost of rods to your PRL turbo kit.
so if the w2 is in the middle would it be better to have a built motor?

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
so if the w2 is in the middle would it be better to have a built motor?
It would depend on what you're looking for. I think 27WON designed it to work with a stock block, that is limited low-end torque. If you want a lively low-end as well as the huge top end power, you'd need a built motor. It all comes down to tuning.

TSI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think the PRL turbo kit is only compatible with their downpipe and inlet pipe that comes with it specifically while as the 27Won W1, W2 and even the RV6 turbos, you can mix and match different downpipes and frontpipes/turbo inlets? I’m not 100% sure but correct me if I’m wrong.

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I think the PRL turbo kit is only compatible with their downpipe and inlet pipe that comes with it specifically while as the 27Won W1, W2 and even the RV6 turbos, you can mix and match different downpipes and frontpipes/turbo inlets? I’m not 100% sure but correct me if I’m wrong.
The PRL kit is standalone you're right. The W1 (and I think W2) are drop ins so they'll work with any downpipe designed for the OE turbo.

Reactions: TSI

redcivic19x

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
You’re correct - W1,W2, and RV6 turbos are all complete drop-in turbos that you can mix and match. I’m really enjoying my W1.

I got a custom tune and it really came alive. I tuned very conservatively and was able to make 307/293. Tuner said he thinks I could have easily gotten to 330 if I wanted.

I originally wasn’t interested in the W2, but now I see they have a buyback program which might make me reconsider

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
You’re correct - W1,W2, and RV6 turbos are all complete drop-in turbos that you can mix and match. I’m really enjoying my W1.

I got a custom tune and it really came alive. I tuned very conservatively and was able to make 307/293. Tuner said he thinks I could have easily gotten to 330 if I wanted.

I originally wasn’t interested in the W2, but now I see they have a buyback program which might make me reconsider
You made 307 on a W1? Impressive. What other bolt ons?