iPhone 6, iOS10 CarPlay - Are you having issues? and where they resolved?

tsupersonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Hatchback EX-L, '17 Forester XT
Country flag
Huh...

I am tempted to re-engage with the public beta myself then.

I don't (but used to) have an iTunes Match subscription but I cancelled it in the fallMy library is 35000+ songs

Huh...I am tempted to re-engage in the public beta program then. In fact I have started the process right now and will try CarPlay out on my drive home. Have not tried to use it in a month or two.

I used to be an iTunes Match subscriber but let my subscription lapse in the Fall. Didn't need it anymore with Apple Music. My library is about 36000+ songs.
Well ios 10.3 was just released today...so update and try it out.
Sponsored

ResortCasual

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Yes and yes. I am not, however, subscribed to iTunes Match but I'm subbed to Apple Music.

Anything you want me try out? I can give it a go once I get off work.

Bare in mind this is 10.3 Beta 3. I had Beta 2 installed for a while and it was horrible connecting to CarPlay but this newest release seems to have fixed a lot of the problems. Beta 2 was really terrible. It would take like a full minute for my radio to even boot CarPlay once hooked up to the phone and the backup camera would cause the screen to black after switching into drive from reverse. The lag was frustrating to say the least.
Well, it did not take long for me to find my answer as to whether 10.3 Beta 3 made a difference or not...

I got a "Device Not Connected" message before I even got out of the parking lot at work.

My old, mostly reliable workaround of turning my iPhone 6+ off and back on again seems to still work but is obviously a pain to have to keep doing.

For the record, my Apple Music library is approaching 37000 songs. I don't know how that compares to yours in terms of size.

So, the search continues for me. As far a behavior is concerned, 10.3 Beta 3 acts just like every other version of iOS 10 before it on my 2016 Civic Touring.

Bummer. :-(

eberrong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sedan Touring
Country flag
I have an iPhone 7, iOS 11.3.1, Apple OEM lightning cable and Car Play connects properly about half the time. When it does not connect properly, I have to disconnect the lightning cable and reconnect. Most times this does the trick, but it is frustrating. Anyone ever resolve this very old issue?

AndyAndromeda-AUS

AndyAndromeda
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 10th Gen - Vti-LX (Australia)
Country flag
Here is my issue and I am not sure who to talk to about it. Honda or Apple? I am trying apple first.

I have an iPhone 6 and my wife has an iPhone 6s. We bought the Honda Civic specifically because of CarPlay. When we first got it with iOS9 my phone worked decently well but often would disconnect and I would have to unplug and replug. often restarting the car operating system and the phone operating system to get it to work again.

Now with iOS10 CarPlay rarely connects and says that no CarPlay device was detected. And I mean rarely. IF it does connect, it usually only lasts for around 10 - 15 minutes at most, then it simply won’t reconnect. In order to get it to reconnect I have to restart the phone and the car.

Not only that but after plugging my phone into the CarPlay USB, the phone has issues even after I disconnect unless I restart. Apple maps and Waze and the Settings on the iPhone simply won’t work after trying to connect carplay. They hang then crash every single time on opening. I have to restart the phone to get any of those 3 apps to work again.

I am at a loss as to what to do because CarPlay disconnecting while I am using maps and driving is incredibly dangerous and it means I have to pull over and disconnect carplay and use the phone on its own. I am wondering if this is a common issue with CarPlay and iPhone 6 and if there will be a fix. Or of I should be reaching out to Honda. Again, my wife iPhone 6s works great with it. And she is on iOS10.

Anyone else having these issues specifically with iPhone 6. It never worked great even in iOS9 but now its unusable.
I'm going to be that person.....

You can solve all your apple car play problems by upgrading your phone to Android.

tsupersonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Hatchback EX-L, '17 Forester XT
Country flag
I'm going to be that person.....

You can solve all your apple car play problems by upgrading your phone to Android.
Don't be that guy. No one likes that guy. I have disconnect issues (though it's rare) on my Android phone using quality cables.

brienp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Apple maps, at least for me, has a bug that I refuse to live with and no longer use. The mapping software, when ever I come to a stop, like at a stoplight, will refuse to continue tracking my position. The map stays stationary at that intersection, requiring me to tap the screen and tell it to track me again. Im at the point now I refuse to use apple maps.

In regards to your issue with Apple CarPlay dropping, a long time ago there was a posting on here about this issue. Someone suggested changing the cable. I kind of laughed in my head and ignored the advice thinking cables transmit data, period, a cable is a cable. Apparently not. The moment I bought a new Apple cable my issue with CarPlay dropping ended and it stays connected every time.

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
I have the same issue of my 2018 civic pretty much NEVER recognizing my iPhone 7 on the first go for carplay. I have to disconnect and reconnect at least a couple times before it works. It's really frustrating and I don't understand why Honda can't release an update or fix this issue. The worst is when it sometimes connects, starts playing music, but then while its playing music it says "no device connected'...I have no idea how that's even possible. I'm on iOS 11.3.1 though.
Sponsored