iOS 9.2 Does not work with Apple Carplay

jomino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Anyone else having this issue? I just updated my iphone 5s to iOS 9.2 a couple of days ago and since then the car won't even recognize it as being plugged into the system. I know it has to be an OS problem because my wife is still using the older iOS and has no problems with Carplay...
Sponsored

lightthief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Civic Touring
Country flag
No issue with 9.2 here.
Delete your phone from the smartphone menu in settings and re-pair it.

jdewd250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Aegean blue EX hatch has joined my 2016 Civic EX sedan
Country flag
I have a 6 plus with 9.2 and all is well.

Try what lightthief suggests, :agree: may just work for you.

scsi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Aegean Blue Civic Touring, 2003 Element EX AWD
Vehicle Showcase
My phone did this once... iPhone 6s and iOS 9.2.

I power-cycled the phone and I haven't had the issue since.

My2016Civic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX w/Sensing - Modern Steel Metallic / Gray
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes.. I had the same issue the day after I purchased mine. I drove it off the lot at 9pm, the next morning, it was no longer working. I had to remove and re-pair the phone and it's been fine since then.

otaviovigato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 honda civic touring
i don't know if is the same problem but yesterday i started to notice that my phone is not auto connecting to my car the bluetooth icon is on the top of the screen the way is suppose to but it does not connect to my phone..the only way for me to connect is manually...i already delete and pair again both from car and the phone and still not auto connecting...i start to notice that it was after i updated my iPhone for the new iOS 8.2...does anybody knows what can i do to fix it??

PearlCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic EX-T
I have just went to McGrath City and John form the Service told me that I need to buy some cable and navigation app for my phone to work. And that would be 100$ for the cable and 59.99for the app.

My car is unable to connect to my Iphone 6s, and I get the same message as everyone else. The problem is either with the software of my Honda Civic EX-T, or the IOS 9.2.1.

But, it was working fine for 3 weeks after i have updated my iphone, suddenly it stopped.

I just got off the phone with Honda Customer service, and there is no need for special cables, or apps with the new apple car play. It was all needed BEFORE the apple car play was in use. So in 2 min I will be on my way back to honda because they have no idea what they are talking about.

jdewd250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Aegean blue EX hatch has joined my 2016 Civic EX sedan
Country flag
Have you tried reseting your phone?

Mine started screwing around the other and a simple on-off fixed it.

Or try disconnecting the battery to reset the cars system.

No need to buy any special stuff at all.

astein244@

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Civic LX Manual,1995 Civic Del Sol SI 278k,1995 BMW M3 5 speed (rip),1992 SC300 5 speedl(rip),2005 Is300 5 speed(rip)
I have just went to McGrath City and John form the Service told me that I need to buy some cable and navigation app for my phone to work. And that would be 100$ for the cable and 59.99for the app.

My car is unable to connect to my Iphone 6s, and I get the same message as everyone else. The problem is either with the software of my Honda Civic EX-T, or the IOS 9.2.1.

But, it was working fine for 3 weeks after i have updated my iphone, suddenly it stopped.

I just got off the phone with Honda Customer service, and there is no need for special cables, or apps with the new apple car play. It was all needed BEFORE the apple car play was in use. So in 2 min I will be on my way back to honda because they have no idea what they are talking about.
That's what you get for going to Mcgrath......

HondaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag

This would have applied for the 2015 Honda Civic EX and higher, but not for the 2016 Civic EX and higher!

For the 2016 EX+, you just need a USB cable. You will not need to buy any additional apps!

firemist32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 2014 RAM Eco-diesel
FYI I am running the 9.3 beta on an iPhone 6+ and it is working great with the car. They have added new features to the maps and music apps that do not show up with 9.2.x I do wish google maps and sirius/ xm had apps for car play but they work just fine over USB with my phone plugged in to use the other features of car play like texting etc