First Name
Christina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Touring 2018, Honda Type R 2021
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I updated to iOS 12. Thought that was all I needed to do. Still don’t see Waze on CarPlay. Maybe infotainment center needs update too? :doh:
Sponsored

XLR8TOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 EX-T coupe, '00 Trans Am 'vert, '98 Dakota R/T
Country flag
No. Waze and google maps for CarPlay are still in beta. We’ll get them when the apps are out of beta and updated.

OP
OP
Leveslady

Leveslady

First Name
Christina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Touring 2018, Honda Type R 2021
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Google Maps just released publicly their Apple Carplay!

I expected them to be out with iOS 12. Wow! Guess I’ll have to try google maps. Thanks

derbo904

Keeper of Blinky lights
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 FK7 | 11 E90M3
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen IOS 12 and CarPlay 59BF9845-DB05-46E2-A14F-389371200D45

Google maps looks more polished than Waze at the moment. Waze is still in beta and has more features to implement though. I like that lane guidance works for gmaps!

Ataricade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
I haven't checked that. I'll check that on my way home later today. I highly doubt it.

I was just curious because it does do that on android auto with Google Maps. You are probably right though I should just go for a drive and check

MTBhatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic hatchback sport
Country flag
Im waiting for sygic to release their updates for carlplay.

ResortCasual

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
That's what I figured. I would assume the Carplay Framework doesn't allow for displaying that information?
It does - or at least it is supposed to. It was announced as a CarPlay feature at WWDC (a couple of years ago.)

The speculation is that CarPlay supports it but the Civic’s system does not and would need a firmware update to do so.

lightthief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Civic Touring
Country flag
It does - or at least it is supposed to. It was announced as a CarPlay feature at WWDC (a couple of years ago.)

The speculation is that CarPlay supports it but the Civic’s system does not and would need a firmware update to do so.
Yeah what Resort Casual said.
Framework is there or was specifically announced to be there but that was after the 2016 models were shipping and well after they were designed
All of honda’s “updates” have been bug fixes, not implementation of new features.

Honestly I think that it works with AA was just a happy coincidence than anything Honda put any effort into insuring was present. The Garmin app and android google maps probably sharing some underlying framework for navigation apps that meant it also happened to work.