BIGPimpSATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Update:
I'm on a iphone 6 running 10.0.2 with all the same errors as previously mentioned by myself and others.
I decided to go Bluetooth and it works to no surprise minus CarPlay over USB. Streaming songs n making calls.
So i tried plugging in the phone to the CarPlay connect and it took it without an issue. Haven't received the common errors, made calls through CarPlay played and changed music through CarPlay.
I will keep you posted.
Ps. Enable always and access while locked are active

This was a flash in the pan. After work I expected the connection to work but no luck.
Connected Bluetooth first then played music then connected to CarPlay USB and back to square one, no device connected error.

Anyone know where to find this 10.1 Beta?
Sponsored

midiman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe Touring
This was a flash in the pan. After work I expected the connection to work but no luck.
Connected Bluetooth first then played music then connected to CarPlay USB and back to square one, no device connected error.

Anyone know where to find this 10.1 Beta?
beta.apple.com

Dead Pool1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring (Black on Black)
beta.apple.com
Just a point of reference for iPhone 6 users. I tried each of the betas up to .1 and had the will not connect issue. My wife has the 6plus with no issues on 10.0. I reverted back to 9 until the official 10.1 release.

BIGPimpSATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just a point of reference for iPhone 6 users. I tried each of the betas up to .1 and had the will not connect issue. My wife has the 6plus with no issues on 10.0. I reverted back to 9 until the official 10.1 release.
How do you revert back to 9?

shammgod126

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Orchard White 2016 Civic EX with Sensing
Country flag
Been having the same issue after updating an iPhone SE to iOS10. If you have the phone plugged in before you start the car it won't recognize it as a Car Play compatible device. I have to start the car and then wait for the home screen to pop up before plugging in my phone. Sometimes that still doesn't work and I have to unplug and reconnect it.

I've been really frustrated with my iPhone ever since buying the Civic. I hate iMaps but am forced to use it over Google Maps. I'm seriously thinking about switching to an Android phone. Any one have issues with Android Auto?

MisterEnigma

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Been having the same issue after updating an iPhone SE to iOS10. If you have the phone plugged in before you start the car it won't recognize it as a Car Play compatible device. I have to start the car and then wait for the home screen to pop up before plugging in my phone. Sometimes that still doesn't work and I have to unplug and reconnect it.

I've been really frustrated with my iPhone ever since buying the Civic. I hate iMaps but am forced to use it over Google Maps. I'm seriously thinking about switching to an Android phone. Any one have issues with Android Auto?
Not really. AA loses bluetooth connection once in a blue, which usually is solved when I unplug and replug the phone.

The only thing that can be annoying is the limits to the number of tap when the car is in motion. This can be solve if you root your phone.

mjones5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Pilot, 2004 Honda CRV, 2006 Honda Civic
The issue is Apple, not Honda. Other brands of cars are having the same issues. I have no plans to update any software on my phone until I read in the forums that it is working properly.

ResortCasual

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
10.1 beta 4 as I have heard is much more stable, as I think they will be ready to release GM soon.
Posted this in a couple other threads too...

Installed 10.1 Beta 4 yesterday on my iPhone 6+ and was encouraged on my ride home from work that I didn't have any CarPLay issues...

...However, this morning on the way to work, I received the dreaded "No Device Connected" message two minutes in to listening to music. Most of the time this requires an iPhone reboot to reliably resolve but today I started to turn my iPhone 6+ off but pressed the Home button instead of the "Slide to Power Off" slider to "clear the RAM" (or whatever it is supposed to do) and I was able to drive the rest of the way to work without CarPlay crashing again. Usually this workaround is hit or miss but this morning it was a hit.

Frustrating to say the least as I had heard others having better luck with the 10.1 betas. And we have to be getting closers to the public release of 10.1 so I am less encouraged, at least in my case, that 10.1 is going to resolve the "No Device Connected" problems I am having.

RC

Ben&Jen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Cosmic
Posted this in a couple other threads too...

Installed 10.1 Beta 4 yesterday on my iPhone 6+ and was encouraged on my ride home from work that I didn't have any CarPLay issues...

...However, this morning on the way to work, I received the dreaded "No Device Connected" message two minutes in to listening to music. Most of the time this requires an iPhone reboot to reliably resolve but today I started to turn my iPhone 6+ off but pressed the Home button instead of the "Slide to Power Off" slider to "clear the RAM" (or whatever it is supposed to do) and I was able to drive the rest of the way to work without CarPlay crashing again. Usually this workaround is hit or miss but this morning it was a hit.

Frustrating to say the least as I had heard others having better luck with the 10.1 betas. And we have to be getting closers to the public release of 10.1 so I am less encouraged, at least in my case, that 10.1 is going to resolve the "No Device Connected" problems I am having.

RC
Do you feel that RAM is an issue on the HU as well. I not saying 100% Apple issue, but a 50/50 situation. Better code and more RAM = less crashes.

ResortCasual

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Do you feel that RAM is an issue on the HU as well. I not saying 100% Apple issue, but a 50/50 situation. Better code and more RAM = less crashes.
Maybe. I feel that since CarPlay runs on the iPhone that it can't be 50 / 50 but who really knows for sure. More RAM doesn't always mean less issues but the better code (i.e. less bugs) for sure is a major contributor to what we are all experiencing. My underlying fear is that it is going to be (partially) a hardware issue that Honda will be reluctant to fix / update.

I do find it "weird" that if I restart my iPhone 6+ before connecting, that CarPlay works flawlessly. It is only when the iPhone has been used throughout the day (running apps) that I have problems with the "No Device Connected" message. And why is it always after two minutes of use?

At least it my use case, I know CarPlay can work and work well which makes me hopeful between Apple and Honda that somehow / someway / someday this will get resolved. But in the short term...it is frustrating for sure with no real light at the end of the tunnel.

RC

Ben&Jen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Cosmic
Maybe. I feel that since CarPlay runs on the iPhone that it can't be 50 / 50 but who really knows for sure. More RAM doesn't always mean less issues but the better code (i.e. less bugs) for sure is a major contributor to what we are all experiencing. My underlying fear is that it is going to be (partially) a hardware issue that Honda will be reluctant to fix / update.

I do find it "weird" that if I restart my iPhone 6+ before connecting, that CarPlay works flawlessly. It is only when the iPhone has been used throughout the day (running apps) that I have problems with the "No Device Connected" message. And why is it always after two minutes of use?

At least it my use case, I know CarPlay can work and work well which makes me hopeful between Apple and Honda that somehow / someway / someday this will get resolved. But in the short term...it is frustrating for sure with no real light at the end of the tunnel.

RC
I just spoke to a friend who is a software eng. a super geek at that, he said that probably the HU uses it base RAM for it's graphics needs, he said that with low RAM in the HU, he can plainly see an issue. There has to be an issue on Honda's side to, cause the new Pilot is the same 2017, minus Carplay. They felt to may issues to handle a new car release all over again...

mjones5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Honda Pilot, 2004 Honda CRV, 2006 Honda Civic
ok I read this today on another site - but I have not tried it nor have I updated my phone to IOS 10. But here is what someone posted on an Apple forum not being able to get IOS 10 to work and his suggestion. Again, I have not done this and have no idea if it will work or not so try at your own risk.

Settings > General > CarPlay

Select your car (for me Volkswagen is listed)

There is an option to 'Forget This Car'. Do this then re pair your iphone with your car. I just plugged it in via USB and Pandora was working again. Give a try. You have nothing to lose. A lot simpler than going all the way back to IOS9.x :)

Good luck!
Sponsored