First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It was a pain to remove. I removed the downpipe first and it still sucked. Had to twist it a certain way and pull it out towards the engine side. The heat shield on the underbody is what gets in the way. Lots of obscenities were shouted throughout the process. Not sure if you could do it pulling out to the back, towards the engine worked better
you just rotate the front pipe as you pull it toward the front of the car side...comes out really easy. no need to mess with the downpipe either lol
Sponsored

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FK8 Type R, 2007 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
you just rotate the front pipe as you pull it toward the front of the car side...comes out really easy. no need to mess with the downpipe either lol
I was upgrading the downpipe and putting on a turbo blanket at the same time as putting in the full exhaust. My mistake was not spraying down the hangers as they have me the most trouble. Then it was just rotating it and pulling it out from the engine side

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was upgrading the downpipe and putting on a turbo blanket at the same time as putting in the full exhaust. My mistake was not spraying down the hangers as they have me the most trouble. Then it was just rotating it and pulling it out from the engine side
Oh lol I see

omar0123

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 type r
Country flag
Did mine yesterday looks great anybody has experienced smoke coming out of the exhuast

Apex Carver

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ITR 01-1294, 07 Elise, 15 Fiesta ST, Formerly CTR
Country flag
Did mine yesterday looks great anybody has experienced smoke coming out of the exhuast
Yep that’s normal. Just oil burning off from the exhaust manufacturing process. Lasts a few drives

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

Here's some quick 1st-2nd pulls of mine at this place Ive been working at the past couple days. Mods in video description

Some WOT pulls inside the car from 4th gear up to 6th

Last edited:

polishedmetalctr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Country flag
I have noticed that in most sound clips and videos of this exhaust, there is a whistling/air leaking sound under hard acceleration.
Can anyone shed some light on this, is this just an installation error that can be fixed or does this exhaust always do that?

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have noticed that in most sound clips and videos of this exhaust, there is a whistling/air leaking sound under hard acceleration.
Can anyone shed some light on this, is this just an installation error that can be fixed or does this exhaust always do that?
The intake?

If something was loose/ not sealed it would sound like 100% straight raspy butthole.

The whistle is air being sucked into the intake. Not a leak

Last edited:

polishedmetalctr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Country flag
The intake?

If something was loose/ not sealed it would sound like 100% straight raspy butthole.

The whistle is air being sucked into the intake. Not a leak
I don’t hear the sound on your video, but I do hear it on cars that are otherwise stock and just have the R400 catback. Maybe it is just the intake sound but it sounds like a whistling through the exhaust

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I don’t hear the sound on your video, but I do hear it on cars that are otherwise stock and just have the R400 catback. Maybe it is just the intake sound but it sounds like a whistling through the exhaust
The whistle of air being sucked in the engine on mine is pretty loud, don't really hear anything through the exhaust though.

I know on a lot of turbo cars with aftermarket exhaust/catless downpipe you can hear the turbo through the exhaust. Makes sense since the exhaust is bolted right on the turbo. I'm not sure if that's the case with a catless downpipe on ours. I have a PRL catted DP, I can sense the effect of the turbo through the exhaust but it isn't a whistle or anything.

I82MUCH

First Name
SNACKDADDY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW FK8, 2019 SGP FK7
Country flag
Can anyone confirm that using the oem front pipe will help with the drone?