I82MUCH

First Name
SNACKDADDY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW FK8, 2019 SGP FK7
Country flag
did you actually try this? didn't think the flanges would line up.
Unfortunately they did not match up :( I ended up buying a Milltek non resonated exhaust after the R400. No drone with the Milltek but a lot louder and raspier. The raspiness wasn't to my liking so I took it off and put the R400 back on.

CinciFK19

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Unfortunately they did not match up :( I ended up buying a Milltek non resonated exhaust after the R400. No drone with the Milltek but a lot louder and raspier. The raspiness wasn't to my liking so I took it off and put the R400 back on.
I have the R400 installed now, just too much drone for me. (getting old i guess. lol) I bought a vibrant ultra quiet resonator and have been debating having it wended in or just going back to the stock exhaust and selling the Invidia.

I82MUCH

First Name
SNACKDADDY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CW FK8, 2019 SGP FK7
Country flag
I have the R400 installed now, just too much drone for me. (getting old i guess. lol) I bought a vibrant ultra quiet resonator and have been debating having it wended in or just going back to the stock exhaust and selling the Invidia.
That’ll change the tone though :/ I was thinking of ordering some sound deadening mats and if that doesn’t work. Getting the foam as a second layer.

Fabrct

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
i sold my R400 because of drones....
I'm looking for an another solution like DP sport with OEM exhaust..

shipdawg

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 2004 WRX STi, & 2019 Honda HRV EX
Country flag
I just installed mine last night. Sounds great! With stock downpipe seems only minimal drone from 3200-3400 rpms. Anyone know what the weight is compared to stock or what the supposed power gains are?

soapctr

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I just installed mine last night. Sounds great! With stock downpipe seems only minimal drone from 3200-3400 rpms. Anyone know what the weight is compared to stock or what the supposed power gains are?
How much louder would you say the R400 is vs Stock? % wise?

Apex Carver

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ITR 01-1294, 07 Elise, 15 Fiesta ST, Formerly CTR
Country flag
I noticed Around 20 HP and 10 ft-lbs gains.

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FK8 Type R, 2007 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
How much louder would you say the R400 is vs Stock? % wise?
With an aftermarket catted downpipe it's cold start is pretty loud. Especially if it's chilly. In the cabin, on a phone app that's most likely not entirely accurate, I'd see 67-68 decibels sitting inside with all windows up. It will go down to 58 once warmed up. It's hot idle isn't very loud at all. WOT it's much louder than stock. Nothing crazy like a Js, but it will echo very nicely in tunnels and though underpasses. IMO it's around the perfect "loudness". It stands out without being obnoxious.

Here's a quick rev up to 6.5k, it's not under load so it sounds better when actually driving.

JGood757

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
With an aftermarket catted downpipe it's cold start is pretty loud. Especially if it's chilly. In the cabin, on a phone app that's most likely not entirely accurate, I'd see 67-68 decibels sitting inside with all windows up. It will go down to 58 once warmed up. It's hot idle isn't very loud at all. WOT it's much louder than stock. Nothing crazy like a Js, but it will echo very nicely in tunnels and though underpasses. IMO it's around the perfect "loudness". It stands out without being obnoxious.

Here's a quick rev up to 6.5k, it's not under load so it sounds better when actually driving.
this sounds good to me. im definitely leaning towards the R400

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
this sounds good to me. im definitely leaning towards the R400
Nice. Just be aware it can get pretty rowdy in the cabin once you get above 80mph. Lower speeds it's not bad considering you can just upshift, plus the engine didn't need to work as hard to maintain speed with much less wind resistance. I'm not sensitive to drone but it is a little bassy.

JGood757

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
Nice. Just be aware it can get pretty rowdy in the cabin once you get above 80mph. Lower speeds it's not bad considering you can just upshift, plus the engine didn't need to work as hard to maintain speed with much less wind resistance. I'm not sensitive to drone but it is a little bassy.
i wonder how rough it will be. I usually drive a few hours away to go home every month or so. and can cruise at 80-90 for over an hour at a time

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Not loud enough to drown out road noise, but loud enough to be able to hear it if you have music/radio on very low. You don't have to shout or anything to have a conversation, just can't whisper lol. I haven't tried to get a decibel reading while driving, i'll try to remember to do it when I go to work tomorrow morning. Also depends on what you have for a downpipe.

soapctr

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag

Great information thanks for that.
Do you mind sharing what decibel app you used? I'd want to measure my stock sound using the same app for a baseline test.
Sponsored