Invidia Cat-back + PRL Front Pipe?

dank82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatch Sport MT
Country flag
Apologies if this is a stupid question, but I'm looking at buying the Invidia R400 cat-back exhaust for my hatch, but would also like to buy PRL's dp + fp combo. Since the Invidia is a cat-back, that means that it comes with the front pipe correct? So would that mean that I would just have to buy the down pipe and I'm good to go?

Or could I also buy the PRL front pipe, and just switch it out with the one on the Invidia exhaust?
Sponsored

fabster22

First Name
Fabian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatchback Sport 6MT , 2018 Accord Lx
Country flag
I have the R400 and it's a front pipe back exhaust. So it does NOT come with a front pipe.

OP
OP

dank82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatch Sport MT
Country flag
I have the R400 and it's a front pipe back exhaust. So it does NOT come with a front pipe.
Oh man, thank you so much for this reply! Why in the world is it listed all over the place as a cat-back then?

Appreciate it @fabster22 thanks!

fabster22

First Name
Fabian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatchback Sport 6MT , 2018 Accord Lx
Country flag
Oh man, thank you so much for this reply! Why in the world is it listed all over the place as a cat-back then?

Appreciate it @fabster22 thanks!
That’s how most exhausts are listed, no idea why. 27won does advertise theirs as a front pipe back exhaust and they’ll sell you the front pipe but it gets pricey. The invidia systems for the type r do come with front pipes, I believe a lot of them do actually. The only one that comes with a front pipe for the regular hatchbacks is the thermal r&d last time I checked.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes, Thermal is the only one with a front pipe included on the Sport hatch exhaust from what I have seen. You can get them for around $900 if you look around. Should be good to get the PRL pieces.

OP
OP

dank82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatch Sport MT
Country flag
Thanks for all the replies guys!

ATM

First Name
ATM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
wondering myself. So can i install the R400 catback exhaust with the PRL Front pipe?

also, how bad is the drone lol. I dont do much hwy driving.

xsichris

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
wondering myself. So can i install the R400 catback exhaust with the PRL Front pipe?

also, how bad is the drone lol. I dont do much hwy driving.
Got a good one for you guys... keep reading
Bough the R400 , love the sound , much louder in person than what you hear on videos, drone was pretty bad for the first couple of weeks but only between 3 to 4k rpm and during highway driving, around town was quieter and throaty, but still loud enough.
Since I do some highway driving, it got somewhat annoying for me, was like a love hate thing, loved it around town, hate it in the highway. Although the drone had dimmed down quite a bit , it was still drony between the RPMs I mentioned before, so me being so impatient decided to buy the Q300 instead and swap them. Before I did that though, I tried just adding the Q300 mid pipe that has an additional resonator and kept the R400 muffler...well no luck , the tone was even deeper but still had a drone. So I went ahead and changed it completely. Now, here is where it gets interesting. Q300 is soooo much quieter than the R400, day and night difference IMO, that said, outside has a nice throaty sound but inside the cabin is pretty much stock. Drone you may ask, NONE, believe me when I tell you, this thing has no drone at any RPM range, upshift, downshift, you name it. The problem for me though, since I have gotten used to the R400 already I really missed that noise and "the dramatic" sound when I got on it, so I decided to go back, and I am putting the R400 back on this weekend LOL. Anyways, I think the Q300 is a great exhaust and I would have probably kept it if I had not tried the R400 first so if you want something a bit louder than stock, with no drone, that has a nice deep tone go with the Q300, if you want something louder and can stand some drone then theR400 is your guy.
Hope this helps and sorry for the long comment.

PS. Probably gonna be selling the Q300

jconnway

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport Hatch 2017 Sport Hatch
Country flag
Yes, Thermal is the only one with a front pipe included on the Sport hatch exhaust from what I have seen. You can get them for around $900 if you look around. Should be good to get the PRL pieces.
Hey so I have the Invidia q300 and the PRL FP/DP In my garage right now but this thread is giving me anxiety.

if I’m reading correct, the q300 for the hatch bolts up to the front pipe right? Not the Downpipe?

I’m in at work otherwise I’d check but just wanna be sure I didn’t buy an unnecessary component

xsichris

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Hey so I have the Invidia q300 and the PRL FP/DP In my garage right now but this thread is giving me anxiety.

if I’m reading correct, the q300 for the hatch bolts up to the front pipe right? Not the Downpipe?

I’m in at work otherwise I’d check but just wanna be sure I didn’t buy an unnecessary component
As far as I know the Q300 comes with its front pipe because it does not fit with the stock front pipe. The Q300 FP however does bolt onto the stock DP.
Hope this answers your question

jconnway

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport Hatch 2017 Sport Hatch
Country flag
As far as I know the Q300 comes with its front pipe because it does not fit with the stock front pipe. The Q300 FP however does bolt onto the stock DP.
Hope this answers your question
Thanks for the response!

Maybe Type-R is somehow different BUT I took it all out today and the Q300 for the hatchback does not come with a front pipe. Its three pieces - muffler, straight piping and a mid pipe with a resonator that connects to the front pipe. At least as far as I can tell by laying it all out right next to the car, that is the only setup that makes sense.

The factory (or aftermarket) front pipes have a big hump in them and this cat back simply could not bolt up to the downpipe without that connecting piece.

Kekela98a

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Thanks for the response!

Maybe Type-R is somehow different BUT I took it all out today and the Q300 for the hatchback does not come with a front pipe. Its three pieces - muffler, straight piping and a mid pipe with a resonator that connects to the front pipe. At least as far as I can tell by laying it all out right next to the car, that is the only setup that makes sense.

The factory (or aftermarket) front pipes have a big hump in them and this cat back simply could not bolt up to the downpipe without that connecting piece.
Mine had the front pipe (Type R)
Sponsored