*Introduction of Members

UnknownCTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR SGP, Mercedes-Benz 2014 C250
Country flag
R-44444 checking in here. I created a post but figured I'd throw my name and car in here as well. Bought in Chicago and drove home to Nashville on Monday. Kept most of the plastic on so when I got home, my wife could get some of the "new car" experience. I think she loves it more than I do. She got so excited when she got to drive it that I think I might have to fight her for it!

Also if anyone's on IG, follow me at darinja80 and I'll follow back. Want to see as many of these and learn what I can do with it!

typer.jpeg
Nice man! Just picked up the same color, R#34200.
It's a 2019.

Mufasa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
New guy here. Sold my 17 Focus ST for a 2018 champ white CTR a few months back. Was on the TSX club forum and acurazine before this with my favorite car, a 2006 Milano red TSX :love:. I was lurking here on civicx before giving in and signing up. I'm in central NC. Here are both of 'em.
Honda Civic 10th gen *Introduction of Members IMG_5841 2.JPG
Honda Civic 10th gen *Introduction of Members tempImageQjDZ99

vactor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT3, 981
Country flag
Greetings!
Seems i will be joining the FK8 R family in the next few days. will post pics of my new ride when i get it delivered. as a former EK civic, 2000 ITR, Integra GSR and S2000 i am happy to be back among my honda family!!

wrayth21

First Name
raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Championship White Type R
Country flag
Name: Raymond or Ray
State: California
City: Dublin
Currently Drive: 2019 CW Type R
Owner or Enthusiast: Owner
Interests: Cars, Technology and weening from video games.
Honda Civic 10th gen *Introduction of Members 218968976_2893694567550343_8381224828958551018_n

carrot_chaser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R - Sonic Gray Pearl
Country flag
Name: Christian
State: GA
City: Alpharetta
Currently Drive: 2021 Civic Type-R Sonic Grey Pearl

Glad to be back in honda land. I had a 2000 Prelude, moved on to a 2010 Mazdapseed3 and now a CTR.

EuropeanCTR

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FK8
Country flag
Whats up? Im Marc. And since around 3 weeks i can call myself the proud owner of a brand spanking new FK8. Waited 9 months for this baby to arrive, Corona makes everything last longer it seems.

Before this hot cake i drove my first car, a '05 Opel Corsa with just around 90hp. So i feel glad and stocked to find this community. I might go for some mods but wont do anything in the first 2 years since warranty and what not. Feel free to DM, i wont bite

Honda Civic 10th gen *Introduction of Members fk8

Gatorac

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 CTR, 09 Comp Yellow MX5, 20 Gladiator
Country flag
Hello everyone. Picked up a new '21 SGP a few weeks back.

Name: Jim Pomroy
State: FL
City: Bradenton
Currently Drive: '20 Jeep Gladiator, 2009 MX5, '21 CTR
Interests: Motorsports, working on cars and playing with cars. I am currently a full time employee of Chin Track Days. I run events at racetracks all over the East including Sebring, Daytona, VIR, Mid-Ohio, Watkins Glen, PittRace.... I'm also a Chief Driving Instructor and on the advisory board of the Motorsports Safety Foundation. Chin has 2 MX5 track cars that I built that the employees get to drive on track. I'm starting to build a 3rd right now.

The CTR will be by 67th (maybe 68th, I kind of lost track) car that I have owned during my life. It replaces our 2018 Golf R. We hated to get rid of that car but clutch problems with only 35k miles on it made us lose confidence in it. It's my wife's daily. I can't have her worrying about the clutch every time she drives it. Didn't really see anything comparable other than the CTR. We love the utility of a hatchback. We wanted a manual trans and something quick. The CTR checks those 3 boxes.

I don't post often unless I have a question that I'm unable to locate an answer via searching or if I have real, firsthand information to add. This is my first Honda so I may not have much real information to add. I do have some informative videos on a few racetracks and mods to the MX5 on my YouTube channel.

The Red One

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
Hello New guy here, just got my CTR around the beginning of the month and it was a present to myself for surviving the Army for 20 years. Live near Chicago, was thinking of getting it tuned next spring and if anyone could tell me if the Pirelli 20s winter tires are worth it. Looking forward to learn a lot.

Honda Civic 10th gen *Introduction of Members 4B317BA6-9DC5-4C12-A897-139C5D262BB5

CharlieTangoRomeo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 SGP CTR
Country flag
Welcome Red One. Congrats on the Rallye Red--my favorite color but scarce enough that I settled for second best. Given how fast snow tires wear, I would recommend budget 18" or 19" wheels with snow tires for the winter months instead of experimenting with the 20" Lambo Pirelli.

NashEquil

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Type R
Country flag
Name: Chris
State: North Dakota
City: Bottineau
Currently Drive: 2021 Type R - Rallye Red
Interests: Guitar. Hondas. PC Gaming.

Picked up my new 2021 Rallye Red Type R last week. Loving it so far.
I have owned 3 Honda cars since 2007, all Civics. A 2007 EX, a 2017 SI, and this 2021 Type R.
I worked at the Honda Marysville factory in the welding department back in 2007-8 and fell in love with Hondas while working there.
Already put a Hondata tune ( 91 octane with throttle response ) on the car.
Also already purchased a set of 18" wheels ( 18x8 American Eagle AE901 GLS Black +32mm Offset, 5.787" backspacing BLACK ) and four 245/40R-18 Michelin X-Ice Xi3 RF snow tires.

Just hit 700 miles last night (in a week lol).
I cant stop driving or smiling when I get in this car.

Honda Civic 10th gen *Introduction of Members 20210817_193249 (2)

mandis8

First Name
Amanda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R in Boost Blue
Country flag
Name: Amanda
State: MD
City: Bethesda
Currently Drive: 2021 Type R (boost blue)
Interests: Driving, video games, reading, eating out, traveling, learning new things

Glad to finally be a CTR owner!

Tomuri24

First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R Boost Blue R-46064
Country flag
Name: Rafael
State: TX
City: DFW
Currently Drive: Boost Blue 2021 CTR R-46064
Interests: Driving, Sim Racing, PC Gaming

It feels crazy to be posting this since I've been dreaming of the Type R since it came out in 2017. I never thought I would be able to get a new one for MSRP, especially during this time, but I found a dealer from the Texas Dealers Nice List thread in this forum. This is the third civic that I have owned, but the first car I have owned under my name and paid for by myself. Before this, I drove a 2011 Civic DX that was totaled then a 2019 Civic Sport Sedan which I shared with my mom and my brother.

Honda Civic 10th gen *Introduction of Members IMG_9306.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen *Introduction of Members IMG_9288.JPG

blimpcity

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 SGP Type R - R-41437
Country flag
Name: Christian
State: Ohio
City: NEO
Currently Drive: 2021 SGP Type R - R-41437
Interests: Photography, Videography, Canon Shooter (R5, 1DX Mark 1, 7D Mark 2), IndyCar and F1, Blimps, Birds, Track and Field / XC.
Ask me about: Fasteners, industrial supplies, large yellow catalogs, anything NEO (Akron and surrounding communities)

Honda Civic 10th gen *Introduction of Members Type R 1

Honda Civic 10th gen *Introduction of Members Type R 2

Honda Civic 10th gen *Introduction of Members Type R-41437

Stewas11

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR
Country flag
Name: Steven
State: Michigan
City: Grand Rapids
Currently Drive: 2021 CTR R-46840, 1998 Subaru Impreza wagon, 1998 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS track car
Interests: Cars, Racing, HPDE, Stage Rally

Hi all! Just picked up my first Honda over the weekend, a Boost Blue CTR. I come from the world of Subaru's and own a couple first generation Impreza's as well as participate in stage rallying with another Impreza some friends and I built. I needed a new daily and wasn't really blown away by any of the current Subaru offerings. I was ready to try something different, and being that I love Japanese cars in general, a CTR was top contender. After a bunch of research, and calling a dozen Plus dealers to find a decent deal on a Blue one, here I am. Only about 200 or so miles on it so far, but I'm absolutely smitten. I'm looking forward to getting to know the car and the community!

Honda Civic 10th gen *Introduction of Members MOP90Ly
Sponsored