Introducing the Wunderladen Racing Plug N Play In Tank Fuel Pump Upgrade!

J_D

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Two questions or the install, I'm posting here in case others have it too
  1. When cleaning the top of the fuel tank, after spraying degreaser, are we good to just rinse off the junk with water?
  2. Step 9, the in tank vent hose. Do you leave it dangling down or tie it outside the tank? I assume it must stay dry?
Thanks!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Austin@Wunderladen Racing
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.wunderladenracing.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 FK7
Country flag
Two questions or the install, I'm posting here in case others have it too
  1. When cleaning the top of the fuel tank, after spraying degreaser, are we good to just rinse off the junk with water?
  2. Step 9, the in tank vent hose. Do you leave it dangling down or tie it outside the tank? I assume it must stay dry?
Thanks!
Yea rinsing the top of the tank with water won't hurt anything as long as your fuel pump tophat seal is in good shape.

As for the vent hose you can let it fall back into the tank as long as you can still reach in to pull it back out when you go to reconnect it and I wouldn't let fuel get down the vent hose. This install is much easier to do with lower fuel level..

Reactions: J_D

J_D

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R
Yea rinsing the top of the tank with water won't hurt anything as long as your fuel pump tophat seal is in good shape.

As for the vent hose you can let it fall back into the tank as long as you can still reach in to pull it back out when you go to reconnect it and I wouldn't let fuel get down the vent hose. This install is much easier to do with lower fuel level..
thank you sir
Sponsored