Introducing the 2018 Civic Type R Prototype - Finally!

Slickone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Le Car
Country flag

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
Looks good... no AWD is a bit of a bummer and I'd prefer the front grille off the current gen Type R, but overall pretty awesome. Better come in well below Focus RS and STi prices without AWD or it's a bit of a miss on Honda's part.
Although unlikely, I don't think you can completely disregard AWD for this CTR. Specs haven't been confirmed yet. We all know the platform is capable of AWD as evidenced by the next gen CRV that'll be using the new Civic platform.

otbevo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PMM Civic Type R
Country flag
Although unlikely, I don't think you can completely disregard AWD for this CTR. Specs haven't been confirmed yet. We all know the platform is capable of AWD as evidenced by the next gen CRV that'll be using the new Civic platform.
Top Gear article says the car will stick with FWD: "But we do know it will stay front-wheel drive, both to stick with Type R tradition, and to allow Honda to get its FWD Nordschleife honours back from VW, who nicked them with the Golf GTI Clubsport S."

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
Top Gear article says the car will stick with FWD: "But we do know it will stay front-wheel drive, both to stick with Type R tradition, and to allow Honda to get its FWD Nordschleife honours back from VW, who nicked them with the Golf GTI Clubsport S."
I read that article as well. Unless it comes from Honda directly, no one can confirm with 100% certainty.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
you do realize the Type R is faster around a track and has better top end speed than both of those mentioned cars, right? it performs more than sufficient to spank some AWD cars...just not in a straight line lol
Depends on conditions. In the dry is where the CTR shines.

Ghostinnc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 black pearl Civic EX-T coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Admin edit:

The 2018 Civic Type R Prototype is making its world premiere at the Paris Auto Show! Here are the first images. It's really only a prototype in name only. This should basically be what the Type R will look like in production form.

2018-Honda-Civic-Type-R-1.jpg
2018-Honda-Civic-Type-R-2.jpg
2018-Honda-Civic-Type-R-3.jpg
2018-Honda-Civic-Type-R-4.jpg
2018-Honda-Civic-Type-R-5.jpg
2018-Honda-Civic-Type-R-6.jpg
2018-Honda-Civic-Type-R-7.jpg
2018-Honda-Civic-Type-R-8.jpg
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwi_4fbsnLXPAhUERCYKHbyRAfkQqQIIHzAA&url=http://autoweek.com/article/car-news/honda-shows-super-aggressive-2018-civic-type-r-prototype-paris-motor-show&usg=AFQjCNHcvSqbdclT32xDQsxnP7SiqYv6pw
All I can say is Bad Ass

Braxford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda Civic EX Sedan
Stupid question. Is this the hatch, or the sedan?! I can't tell...

It's the hatch, right?

RockyD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kia Optima SXL, 2015 Honda CRV EX, 2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2003 Lancer Evolution
is it just me or does it seem like a hodge podge of stuff going on with this car?

neteng101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
Rear brakes look like a joke compared to the front brakes. Honda never seems to care enough about braking.