Aryelgee

First Name
Aryel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic 2.0
Country flag
I've been having this issue with my 2016 lx for a couple of months now. It started with the car losing power completely while making a turn or when slowing down and speeding up. I would have to pull the key out and it would turn on fine. One day while waiting in a drive through I noticed the engine light randomly came on. I scanned the car and I ended up with p0344 which is for intermittent signal from the camshaft position sensor. While the code is up the car goes into limp mode not letting me drive over 35k rpms. The code goes away and comes back up. I replaced these and the problem went away for a week or two. I get the code a few more times and I read that it may be because of low voltage. I get the battery checked out and it tests bad so I replace it. Same thing, the issue goes away for a week or two then comes back. I check the voltage and it drops below 14 volts a few times under load so I decide my alternator is bad and replace it. The issue then goes away for about a month and then the car starts dying on turns or when coming to a stop again and the code coming up here and there and going back into limp mode. I'm kind of at a loss. I had a rat chew through my wiring and had the whole wiring harness replaced through insurance but this would have been in December of 2020. I'm not sure if it's related since it's been so long and this issue started in January of this year.
Sponsored

jeff2417

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe (PWP), 2006 Acura TSX Base (ABP)
Country flag
Have you checked your grounding at all points?

Guitar_stitch

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI, 2006 Honda Element, 2006 Chevy Express
Country flag
The charging systems on these vehicles will reduce output to save fuel. I've noticed my voltage dips to 12.3 if I'm cruising and don't have the headlights on. That's normal behavior.

I'd be inclined to look for another bare spot in the wiring harness or a damaged connector. If you can put a scope on the bias voltage and signal wires from the camshaft position sensor and graph the data, you may be able to see it dropping out as it either shorts to ground or goes open.

jonasblack

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R
Country flag
Did you run down the problem for this code? I’m having the same issue on my FK8.

OP
OP

Aryelgee

First Name
Aryel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic 2.0
Country flag
Did you run down the problem for this code? I’m having the same issue on my FK8.
Yeah I was able to track the problem down to bad coil packs. I swapped the aftermarket set with all new oem coils and I haven't had the issue since.
Sponsored