Interior Noise level

OP
OP

teslas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
carolla
I just took a test drive in an SI coupe and wow, at 60mph there was no wind noise. The car was pretty silent. I was riding on some pretty decent road, but man was I impressed with the noise levels. The only part that was really getting to me was the hodrum, mind numbing sound of the roadnoise and or tires. Being someone that drives a lot for work (sometimes 700 m round trip), I must say that I wouldn't be able to stand it very long.

The sales guy said that you can put some kind of undercoating on the car, does anybody know about that? What do you guys also think about the road noise?
Sponsored

MavicTB

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si Sedan Aegean Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Coming from several sporty cars from the early to mid 2000s, this car is super quiet. I guess its all relative.

inertiadrifto86

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan(traded), 2011 Acura MDX Adv, 2019 Acura TLX A-Spec(traded), 2018 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honestly I always have the radio and/or Spotify playing whenever I'm driving, so I don't really hear road noise. Not sure if you listen to podcasts, radio or internet radio but for me these things tend to drown out what little road noise does make it into the cabin.

Luckyarmpit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 VW Golf R, 2003 Wrangler TJ
Country flag
Honda makes an excellent/reliable car, but Honda isn't known for a quiet ride. I've owned many Hondas over the years and while they are great cars, they ain't exactly quiet. I have a '17 Civic Si coupe with the summer tires. On smooth pavement it's not too bad but on anything other than the smoothest pavement, they are LOUD. The engine noise is pretty sweet but the road noise is definitely there.

OP
OP

teslas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
carolla
The engine noise doesn't bother me much. When I drive alone, I don't listen to much of anything. When you have kids, nothing like some peace and quiet, lol.
Sponsored