Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag

roner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord
Hey guys, for me, I can't image a street performance car without physical hand-break but a electric hand-break! So we don't even have a chance to do some drift activities?

sanderholland

My Driveway....
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000, Civic Type-R (EP3, FN2, FK2)
I wonder if the EU version would have heated seats...I'm trying to figure out what will be different and buy a ton of the parts when I get over there.
It will not unfortunately. Current one doesn't have it either...

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It will not unfortunately. Current one doesn't have it either...
Ah ok. For some reason I thought it did... must be thinking Focus RS or Golf R.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
can't believe I'm saying this like this, but nice pics bro!

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
A few things...

I'm going to guess the prototype plaque below the shifter will be replaced by an engraved limited production number plaque.

The +R doesn't look like a button, instead, it looks like an up/down toggle switch. This could mean multiple modes, comfort, sport, +R (track).

Honda Civic 10th gen Interior Look: 2018 Civic Type R Prototype 14484618_1787950268151108_7733174603578379592_n-

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
A few things...

I'm going to guess the prototype plaque below the shifter will be replaced by an engraved limited production number plaque.

The +R doesn't look like a button, instead, it looks like an up/down toggle switch. This could mean multiple modes, comfort, sport, +R (track).

Honda Civic 10th gen Interior Look: 2018 Civic Type R Prototype 14484618_1787950268151108_7733174603578379592_n-
Agreed on both points. I think a few people have said we'll have 'normal, +R, and Comfort mode' on the Type R.
Funny, the TLX has a +R mode but a completely different look to it.

mra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Thanks for posting! It's now official: Honda has lost all sense of good taste in interior design....sigh!

I've been Honda owner for for 45 years (since the little 600 Sedan - Loved that car!), and a Civic owner since 1978. I must say - Honda has had it's ups and downs with its general designs over the years, (let's NOT talk about the dreaded 1990's), but for the 1st 20 years and since the last 8, they managed to put out a nice-looking Civic and keep their reputation for reliable, tight and zippy cars. (...though I hate their automatics!)

Now I'm looking at this "creature" - (just in time for Halloween, BTW) - and under the veil of "secrecy"....They pull back the curtain and reveal.....wait for it....."GASP!!".... a mini-muscle car (reminding me of Trump's tiny, tiny hands) for those dying to floor a 350+ HP internal combustion engine on roads that you can only go 65 mph on....Go figure...

My great disappointment is the fact that this was a wasted opportunity to unveil an ELECTRIC car to rival Tesla's Model 3 (now THAT's a muscle car!)....and if Honda had girded its mighty Self and taken the plunge, they would have come up with a real contender.....But, nooooooooo....They chose the low road....And to see such tacky interior design and color UNcoordination is also disappointing. C'mon! Take the red away and it looks less appealing than my 2010 bare-bones Civic! For that matter, "Pimp my Ride" should have been hired to design the interior....And they would have done a better job!

...And why is the center tailpipe red?...(Someone mentioned this was representative of a female phalic....which sounds about right....)

My current Civic will probably be the last I will ever own....sigh! Goodbye, Honda.....

Helloooooo, Tesla! http://www.greencarreports.com/news/1103292_tesla-model-3-reservations-rise-to-325000-after-one-week

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I was on the fence between a Tesla3 and a Civic TypeR. Basically, I (like many others I'm sure) will happily take whatever they have and smile!
I'm fully prepared for this TypeR to be mine for life as well as the last completely gas powered car I purchase for personal use.

RoryR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Civic Si, 2016 Volvo S60
Well damn. Honda's sporty interior is on that downhill ride. This is really disheartening. Give me the FD2 interior and I'll be happy :(

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
Well damn. Honda's sporty interior is on that downhill ride. This is really disheartening. Give me the FD2 interior and I'll be happy :(
I can almost guarantee that interior was stitched together with random parts. I expect the final mockup to be quite different. The seats, for example, simply look like a racing bucket wrapped with some specialty carpet and a thin foam pad, with a logo added. The 9th Gen seats are arched and padded to provide much better (and adjustable) lumbar support. Expect something similar in the 10th Gen:

Honda Civic 10th gen Interior Look: 2018 Civic Type R Prototype Honda-Civic-Type-R-interior

RoryR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Civic Si, 2016 Volvo S60
I can almost guarantee that interior was stitched together with random parts. I expect the final mockup to be quite different. The seats, for example, simply look like a racing bucket wrapped with some specialty carpet and a thin foam pad, with a logo added. The 9th Gen seats are arched and padded to provide much better (and adjustable) lumbar support. Expect something similar in the 10th Gen:

Honda Civic 10th gen Interior Look: 2018 Civic Type R Prototype Honda-Civic-Type-R-interior
If a too generous amount of red keeps theme with Honda (outside the seats or carpeting) to go with the faux carbon fiber, then it's likely to sit oddly with me. But that's just me and my own taste.

The FK2 isn't bad, but I don't care much for it when looking at previous generations.

Edit: And definitely have to see with my own eyes, but the red on the interior almost has an orange hue to it no? Seems off to me.
Sponsored