Interior Look: 2018 Civic Type R Prototype

the1dynasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R (FK8), 2007 Civic Si (FG2)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Th seats might get changed for North America just like the Focus RS, the U.K has different front seats from the N.A.
Good point... But I reckon they won't change anything for the USDM CTR except maybe like parking sensors etc that UK will likely get where we wont... Seats etc will be the same...
Sponsored

2JZ-CJG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Civic Si Sedan Crystal Black Pearl
Remember, Honda will offer a more toned-down interior on the more toned-down performance version, the Si:
Honda Civic 10th gen Interior Look: 2018 Civic Type R Prototype 2017-civic-si-7-

If you guys really hate it, I'll bet you could even find some Si owners that will do a interior swap...
Good thinking. I would definitely swap out the steering wheel rim with the Si if I were to buy a CTR.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
Good point... But I reckon they won't change anything for the USDM CTR except maybe like parking sensors etc that UK will likely get where we wont... Seats etc will be the same...
I wonder if the EU version would have heated seats...I'm trying to figure out what will be different and buy a ton of the parts when I get over there.

ronmcdon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 FiestaST, 19 Si, Camaro Z1LE, EvoX, 98 240sx
Country flag
I don't mind flamboyant interiors, but there has to be some accountability in execution.

Overall I like the interior, esp the seats. However the steering wheel, floor mats, fake cf and fluorescent dash bits are a little too Tenzo R. Yank off those bits and it would look great.

The_Fenix_2.0

Brett Bynes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 honda fit sport
Country flag
Hello

This is my very first post. Register to reply, use to be a ghost user until now. BTW I will make my presentation. I promise.

In fact and very strangely, you can find pictures of interior. In my mind those will not stay too long. It seems interior is in embargo. So make a save

Original post from french blog http://www.leblogauto.com/2016/09/paris-2016-live-civic-type-r.html

Regards for Luxemburg.

Honda-Civic-Type-R-6.jpg

Honda-Civic-Type-R-7.jpg

Honda-Civic-Type-R-9.jpg

Honda-Civic-Type-R-10.jpg
I honestly think it's just the red accents on the bottom of the steering wheel spokes that's scaring everybody off of the interior. Plus I'm pretty sure the1dynasty posted pics of previous Type-R's on here somewhere, and IMO it's just following the traditional recipe for Type-R interiors. If everybody hates it? Good. More for us: the people who said yes from the very beginning, regardless of what it looked like. Because it's the Type-R. And it's coming to the US.

tuxmonkey

R-00330
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #330, '17 Jeep GC Overland
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
When the 10th gen CTR arrives in the US I'm trading in my Accord for this. The interior is clearly a prototype roll out. I have a lot of faith that the production model will be much more refined. Honda obviously spent more $$$ showcasing the exterior than the interior if they went with that paint finish...

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
When the 10th gen CTR arrives in the US I'm trading in my Accord for this. The interior is clearly a prototype roll out. I have a lot of faith that the production model will be much more refined. Honda obviously spent more $$$ showcasing the exterior than the interior if they went with that paint finish...
It's a vinyl wrap, (I read somewhere...) but it does look SICK. Like this is a stealth fighter on 4 wheels. Well, without being a Lambo anyway...

slowride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Type-R
Country flag
Remember, Honda will offer a more toned-down interior on the more toned-down performance version, the Si:
Honda Civic 10th gen Interior Look: 2018 Civic Type R Prototype 2017-civic-si-7-

If you guys really hate it, I'll bet you could even find some Si owners that will do a interior swap...
Wait...is that the Si? How did I miss that?

Browncoat3000

Red 5 standing by
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si, Odyssey EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I would get that finish if it was real, then get the vanity plate: TWIN ION

Eddie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R 2014 Pilot 08 Mugen Si
Country flag
Awesome! I was looking for the reveal vid, thanks!

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag