Interior Look: 2018 Civic Type R Prototype

SoichiroSan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW GTI Sport, '17 Si coupe
I can almost guarantee that the si is gonna be the same level of faux vents as the type r and the sedan. Aesthetics-wise, probably gonna just look like the sedan with a few HFP wheels and skirts. I'd be surprised if they did the side skirts from the Type-R, or even the sport touring. And then maybe a wing and a chrome exhaust tip(s). It's been established that Honda just gives NA the shaft when it comes to what we want in the new civic, so what makes the si an exception?

Sincerely,
A repeatedly disappointed Honda lover.
I don't know, maybe wishful thinking that they'd rip a page from the VW GTI playbook.
Sponsored

ozzymir

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CRV
I was hoping for better seats, cause 9 gen Type-R are too thin and uncomfortable for me.
I am 6.13" (187cm) / 211 punds (96kg). Specifically my back does not fit in these and my arms are too much forward (I have to be bent). The red trim all over the car should be dropped as well, since it only fits some colors, looks really bad when combined with blue. Quality-wise the interior of 9 gen Type-R was well made, so you should not be disappointed.

Jessegovols

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda CRV EXL, 2004 Acura TSX Manual Previous: 92 Mazda MX6 GT, 93 Mitsubishi 3000 GT VR4, 99 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Really ugly. I expected a lot better.

Pearl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CivicT
I'd remove all the tacky red from the dash, steering wheel and floor mats first and then use brushed aluminum embellishments to accentuate such as the dash pad. Fake carbon fiber is pretty dated now.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
I'd remove all the tacky red from the dash, steering wheel and floor mats first and then use brushed aluminum embellishments to accentuate such as the dash pad. Fake carbon fiber is pretty dated now.
Yep. I like it in-your-face but it's a little too Nissan on the inside.

kyle_agronick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX Sensing
Country flag
They took a great interior and riced the shit out of it. The sad part is a team of people with design degrees probably came up with this. It looks worse than some of the most ricer stuff I've seen on here. The red is way too bright. Maybe a dark burgundy would look better. But it just looks like they slapped some fake carbon fiber on a few spots, added some red, and called it a day. Looks like a toy.

the1dynasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R (FK8), 2007 Civic Si (FG2)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Here are some Type R Honda interiors, the NSX (2017), and even a two S2000 interior shots... Aside from the all red s2k interior, these all are nice for the cars they are...

The only thing I think is tacky about these spy shots, let's face it, Honda hasn't shown off the interior so these are spy shots for now, is the red lining on the dashboard... The cf looks to be the same cf that's in the current Accord Sport, which isn't ugly even if it's not actual cf...

I will hold final judgement on the interior until SEMA when Honda shows us the inside...

For anyone wanting it to look like the inside of a VW, please go buy one of those cars and stop looking at this one... Yes your opinion matters and counts, but not to the Type R... It just doesn't care that you want something toned down and boring...

Honda Civic 10th gen Interior Look: 2018 Civic Type R Prototype honda-civic-type-r-interior-wallpaper-4
Honda Civic 10th gen Interior Look: 2018 Civic Type R Prototype Honda-Civic-Type-R-front-interior
Honda Civic 10th gen Interior Look: 2018 Civic Type R Prototype type-r-rt-2015-ac-007

Honda Civic 10th gen Interior Look: 2018 Civic Type R Prototype 2017-Acura-NSX-Type-R-Interior

Honda Civic 10th gen Interior Look: 2018 Civic Type R Prototype honda-s2000-interior-automatic-wallpaper-3

Honda Civic 10th gen Interior Look: 2018 Civic Type R Prototype 2002S2000004

thaseint

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 VW GTI SE
Country flag
Yeah I'm really not sure what people were expecting the interior of the CTR to look like?

I mean tons of red and red accents has always been a Type R thing...except the USDM ITR, the blue interior variant of the DC5-R, and some of the UKDM EP3-Rs.

The 10th gen interior is pretty much identical to the 9th gen. Mild has never really been part of the Type R DNA, save for a few variants/special editions with black seats.

I would say the interior we see here is actually fairly balanced, my only critique is maybe they could have an all black leather steering wheel with a red dead center stripe.

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
Here are some Type R Honda interiors, the NSX (2017), and even a two S2000 interior shots... Aside from the all red s2k interior, these all are nice for the cars they are...

The only thing I think is tacky about these spy shots, let's face it, Honda hasn't shown off the interior so these are spy shots for now, is the red lining on the dashboard... The cf looks to be the same cf that's in the current Accord Sport, which isn't ugly even if it's not actual cf...

I will hold final judgement on the interior until SEMA when Honda shows us the inside...

For anyone wanting it to look like the inside of a VW, please go buy one of those cars and stop looking at this one... Yes your opinion matters and counts, but not to the Type R... It just doesn't care that you want something toned down and boring...

honda-civic-type-r-interior-wallpaper-4.jpg
Honda-Civic-Type-R-front-interior.jpg
type-r-rt-2015-ac-007.jpg

2017-Acura-NSX-Type-R-Interior.jpg

honda-s2000-interior-automatic-wallpaper-3.jpg

2002S2000004.jpg

Love these except for the S2000 red interior. Just not for me. That said, I'd still dip the S2000.

I hope we get to see a full interior at SEMA. I'm considering catching a morning flight out and a night flight back...baller status yo! haha seriously it's $130 one way so that's nothing considering I'm willing to make a deposit otherwise sight unseen-

PirelliPZero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EJ6, CBR
Remember, Honda will offer a more toned-down interior on the more toned-down performance version, the Si:
Honda Civic 10th gen Interior Look: 2018 Civic Type R Prototype 2017-civic-si-7-

If you guys really hate it, I'll bet you could even find some Si owners that will do a interior swap...

dblock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 civic si sedan / 2005 M3
Those are from the current type r... They might keep them or make some minor changes...
Th seats might get changed for North America just like the Focus RS, the U.K has different front seats from the N.A.
Sponsored