Interior Look: 2018 Civic Type R Prototype

skittles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatchback Sport and 2013 370Z sport
Vehicle Showcase
I'm going to hold out hope it changes a little bit, it's incredibly tacky. I think the red on the steering wheel throws it off a good bit and makes it look really cheap.t he red seatbelts don't help. For some reason it looks as though there are like 3 different shades of red involved in the trims. That might be what's bothering me about it.
It's the lighting.that makes it look like different colors. It's hard to get interior pics that look good unless professionally done. Pictures don't do cars justice a lot of the times..
Sponsored

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
is that a somewhat flat bottom steering wheel?
looks like a little bit
Looks like it to me too!

It's a little more red than I'd prefer. Maybe if they just took the red out of the middle of the seat cushion and possibly the red piping on the floor mats.

Lots of block-off plate space to fit in the GT (or atleast European version) goodies that we won't get...

I'm extremely surprised they were let in to the car for pics. They weren't allowed in the coupe. They almost have to be near production-ready.

If anyone sees a shot of the engine, please share! I'm curious to know what the scoop is doing because I think Jalopnik said it looked blocked off...

Last edited:
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Ex 2006 and 2017
I like the interior over all but the seats look hard and too after market. Hopefully they change them and they put something like what the Golf R has.

Last edited:

Browncoat3000

Red 5 standing by
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si, Odyssey EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Kinda looks like R mode or normal mode or comfort probably on that mode selector switch. Kinda like Alfa's DNA selector.
I was thinking the same thing. I see the VSA switch, so I wonder if it will have a launch control?

bobindy

Bobindy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Civic Si 4 door
Country flag
This car is a festival of tackiness, inside and out. I'm holding out hope for a more mature and tastefully executed Civic Si coupe or sedan. I'm growing impatient waiting for the Si. Maybe it'll be revealed at SEMA or the LA Auto Show?
I totally agree, overall this is a disappointment. Why no honeycomb panels on the dash? Oh wait, they already exceeded their imitation venting allotment on the front and rear bumper covers.

Browncoat3000

Red 5 standing by
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si, Odyssey EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
For comparison, here's the interior of the CTR's main competition, the Focus RS and Subaru WRX STI
Honda Civic 10th gen Interior Look: 2018 Civic Type R Prototype ima

The WRX's interior isn't very different than the CTR, but the Ford is just plain dull, if clean.
I notice that both these cars have performance gauges on the dash, I wonder if the CTR will have them as an app on the infotainment. That would be cool.

Last edited:

2JZ-CJG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Civic Si Sedan Crystal Black Pearl
Damn I was really hoping we weren't going to get the red bottom steering wheel. I have a high tolerance for tacky and still I find it too much. Other than that, the interior is decent.

EDIT: Actually to make the interior 10/10 perfect.. I would do steering wheel with no red bottom, black floor mats with no red accent, and (like I mentioned before) black seats!! All of the red accents would then look appropriate. Think CLA45-like.

Last edited:

Browncoat3000

Red 5 standing by
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si, Odyssey EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
And the BRZ and Golf
Interesting, the VW has an electronic brake as well.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Ex 2006 and 2017
For comparison, here's the interior of the CTR's main competition, the Focus RS and Subaru WRX STI
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

The WRX's interior isn't very different than the CTR, but the Ford is just plain dull, if clean.
I notice that both these cars have performance gauges on the dash, I wonder if the CTR will have them as an app on the infotainment. That would be cool.

Never mind you beat me to it.

Honda Civic 10th gen Interior Look: 2018 Civic Type R Prototype golf3

The_Fenix_2.0

Brett Bynes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 honda fit sport
Country flag
This car is a festival of tackiness, inside and out. I'm holding out hope for a more mature and tastefully executed Civic Si coupe or sedan. I'm growing impatient waiting for the Si. Maybe it'll be revealed at SEMA or the LA Auto Show?
I can almost guarantee that the si is gonna be the same level of faux vents as the type r and the sedan. Aesthetics-wise, probably gonna just look like the sedan with a few HFP wheels and skirts. I'd be surprised if they did the side skirts from the Type-R, or even the sport touring. And then maybe a wing and a chrome exhaust tip(s). It's been established that Honda just gives NA the shaft when it comes to what we want in the new civic, so what makes the si an exception?

Sincerely,
A repeatedly disappointed Honda lover.