Steveland15

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type-R
Country flag
When you disconnect your battery it resets all kind of systems. My car has at least three different faults. But once you drive it they should go away. Drive it around the block a couple times and see
I did. They did not go away
Sponsored

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic sedan lx 6mt and 2018 Honda Civic hatchback ex auto
Country flag
I did. They did not go away
There looks to be a couple of people on this forum that have had that exact problem with their type R as well. Maybe you could see how they fixed theirs. That sucks. But if all else fails then it’s still under warranty so you could always let the dealership fix it. But did your lights work at least?

OP
OP
Steveland15

Steveland15

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type-R
Country flag
There looks to be a couple of people on this forum that have had that exact problem with their type R as well. Maybe you could see how they fixed theirs. That sucks. But if all else fails then it’s still under warranty so you could always let the dealership fix it. But did your lights work at least?
No the light issue didn’t get fixed either. Lol and that sensor is covered. They usually turn on as soon as you open the door and stuff. So idk‍♂

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
No the light issue didn’t get fixed either. Lol and that sensor is covered. They usually turn on as soon as you open the door and stuff. So idk‍♂
I’m still gonna mess with my sensor when I get home and see what all turns off when tripped and let you know. If it’s the same, then maybe the wire to that sensor runs behind the dash there and maybe got disconnected or something. I’ll get back with you later on that. As far as the rev match and emissions error, you might want to post on this forum what your issue is and see if one of the other members can steer you in the right direction. No pun intended lol

OP
OP
Steveland15

Steveland15

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type-R
Country flag
I’m still gonna mess with my sensor when I get home and see what all turns off when tripped and let you know. If it’s the same, then maybe the wire to that sensor runs behind the dash there and maybe got disconnected or something. I’ll get back with you later on that. As far as the rev match and emissions error, you might want to post on this forum what your issue is and see if one of the other members can steer you in the right direction. No pun intended lol
Thanks! Yeah the lights are still not working. I tried covering the sensor and in my other type r they turn on as soon as the switch is turned to on or to drl. ‍♂

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks! Yeah the lights are still not working. I tried covering the sensor and in my other type r they turn on as soon as the switch is turned to on or to drl. ‍♂
Did you try taking the cover off and see if the interior lights go off? That way you can note which lights go off to see if it matches the other car

OP
OP
Steveland15

Steveland15

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type-R
Country flag
Did you try taking the cover off and see if the interior lights go off? That way you can note which lights go off to see if it matches the other car
I didn’t. But I know that all these lights in the center dash that aren’t coming on are ones that are tied to the sensor. But they are all stuff that tie into the center dash that I removed. So I did something.... do you know if there is a fuse box anywhere behind the glove box?

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I didn’t. But I know that all these lights in the center dash that aren’t coming on are ones that are tied to the sensor. But they are all stuff that tie into the center dash that I removed. So I did something.... do you know if there is a fuse box anywhere behind the glove box?
I’m not sure about a fuse box being back there. But I would get a good flashlight and take that console apart again and make sure there is no loose wires or something left disconnected. I remember there being a small plug back there that I disconnecting when I installed my shift kit in that was a single black wire that had a plug. I realized later that I didn’t even need to mess with it but never figured out what it went to. I wouldn’t be surprised if that goes to that sensor.

OP
OP
Steveland15

Steveland15

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type-R
Country flag
I’m not sure about a fuse box being back there. But I would get a good flashlight and take that console apart again and make sure there is no loose wires or something left disconnected. I remember there being a small plug back there that I disconnecting when I installed my shift kit in that was a single black wire that had a plug. I realized later that I didn’t even need to mess with it but never figured out what it went to. I wouldn’t be surprised if that goes to that sensor.
I’ve been running test after test torn it apart and can’t figure it out

OP
OP
Steveland15

Steveland15

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type-R
Country flag
Did you tear it apart and look for any loose wiring?
Yeah. Nothing left unplugged. Took the sensor off tried it in my type r and it worked fine. There has to be something that got shorted out or something somewhere behind the headunit or something.

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah. Nothing left unplugged. Took the sensor off tried it in my type r and it worked fine. There has to be something that got shorted out or something somewhere behind the headunit or something.
Yeah I hate to say it but I think that’s gonna have to be a warranty fix. And no they can’t blame the short shifter for that. Just tell them it stopped working and you don’t know why. You don’t have to tell them that it happened right after you installed your shifter.

OP
OP
Steveland15

Steveland15

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type-R
Country flag
Yeah I hate to say it but I think that’s gonna have to be a warranty fix. And no they can’t blame the short shifter for that. Just tell them it stopped working and you don’t know why. You don’t have to tell them that it happened right after you installed your shifter.
Yeah that's the plan now,

I will let you know what they say. I appreciate you trying to help, and you at least made me realize exactly where the issue is, with the night time lights. (found out last night that not even the window buttons on the doors light up either.

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah that's the plan now,

I will let you know what they say. I appreciate you trying to help, and you at least made me realize exactly where the issue is, with the night time lights. (found out last night that not even the window buttons on the doors light up either.
Wish I could’ve helped some more. Yeah let us know what it was. That way if anybody else runs into that problem they could see your post and know where to start. Good luck

OP
OP
Steveland15

Steveland15

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type-R
Country flag
Wish I could’ve helped some more. Yeah let us know what it was. That way if anybody else runs into that problem they could see your post and know where to start. Good luck
Using the "on-off, on-off, on-off" method cleared the codes and fixed the rev match. taking it to honda for the lighting issue today
Sponsored