OP
OP

Ken

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2016 Touring
Country flag
But the kit would work probably for the map lights... Isn't the form factor for the passenger and trunk light different?

kered424

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX w/ Honda Sensing
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So I bought these LEDs thinking that they would be brighter, but these have been nothing but a pain in the butt. I originally wanted to use these in the front sidemarker lights...but no, these bulbs are too long. You can't get it in to twist the bulb back into place. Whatever, I thought, I could use it for the map lights or the dome light. Let's try the map light first. Noooooope. The socket is mounted so that the bulb points straight down, and guess what, the bulb is too long again - the plastic lens would not snap back into place properly. Soooo let's try the dome light. Yay, it fits! But nooooooo, as you can see from the picture, the base of this bulb is made of metal, and the socket inside the dome light have metal "clips" that secure the bulb. These clips are basically an extension of the socket terminals (which idiot engineer thought this would be a good idea?). So when you put the bulb in, you essentially create a short when the clips secure on to the metal base. Yeah, I blew a fuse. And in case you're wondering, it's a 10A fuse located under the hood labeled "interior lights".

TL;DR - Don't by these LEDs!

Honda Civic 10th gen Interior LED Lights {filename}

2slo4u

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic, FRS
Vehicle Showcase
So I bought these LEDs thinking that they would be brighter, but these have been nothing but a pain in the butt. I originally wanted to use these in the front sidemarker lights...but no, these bulbs are too long. You can't get it in to twist the bulb back into place. Whatever, I thought, I could use it for the map lights or the dome light. Let's try the map light first. Noooooope. The socket is mounted so that the bulb points straight down, and guess what, the bulb is too long again - the plastic lens would not snap back into place properly. Soooo let's try the dome light. Yay, it fits! But nooooooo, as you can see from the picture, the base of this bulb is made of metal, and the socket inside the dome light have metal "clips" that secure the bulb. These clips are basically an extension of the socket terminals (which idiot engineer thought this would be a good idea?). So when you put the bulb in, you essentially create a short when the clips secure on to the metal base. Yeah, I blew a fuse. And in case you're wondering, it's a 10A fuse located under the hood labeled "interior lights".

TL;DR - Don't by these LEDs!

Honda Civic 10th gen Interior LED Lights {filename}
should've read my thread at different reviews and experiences and tips.
Sponsored