Interior LED lights

cicero8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Did you try orienting the bulbs the other way? I had the same issue when I installed my LED bulbs but I flipped them than they worked
I swear I put them in one way, flipped them, put them in another, Still nothing. Then tried the same process in the other dome light.

I might be paranoid now, but is it possible that the leds fucked up the housing that the light sits in. Cause I'm really worried about that now lol.

Also, even if I put the originals back in, they don't turn on. Are they difficult to put in? I thought it was as easy as putting them in lol...
Sponsored

W1NTER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X 1.8L CVT Sedan
Country flag
I swear I put them in one way, flipped them, put them in another, Still nothing. Then tried the same process in the other dome light.

I might be paranoid now, but is it possible that the leds fucked up the housing that the light sits in. Cause I'm really worried about that now lol.

Also, even if I put the originals back in, they don't turn on. Are they difficult to put in? I thought it was as easy as putting them in lol...
Must have busted the fuse. Check it out .

When replacing the lights, make sure that it's switched off fkfir .

cicero8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Must have busted the fuse. Check it out .

When replacing the lights, make sure that it's switched off fkfir .
I'll check em out tonight. my user manual only says that theres one fuse for all the interior lights though, and all the other lights are fine... any idea about that?

W1NTER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X 1.8L CVT Sedan
Country flag
I'll check em out tonight. my user manual only says that theres one fuse for all the interior lights though, and all the other lights are fine... any idea about that?
Ah, try to squeeze/push the metal contacts so it's going to be a tighter fit.

Happened to mine too, it works when you tap it so I knew it was just loose.

cicero8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ah, try to squeeze/push the metal contacts so it's going to be a tighter fit.

Happened to mine too, it works when you tap it so I knew it was just loose.
I think i might have bent the mental contacts somehow. Do you happen to have a picture of yours where the light sits? I notice there are 2 sets of contacts for each bulb and I've noticed that on each I have one that seems fine and the other one is higher up and seems almost crushed.

I'm now looking for a picture of what the contacts look like for others / a guide on how to remove the dome light unit to re bend the contacts. I'd hate to bring it to the dealership for this

edit: found a guide on how to remove the unit. If anybody has a picture of their metal contacts for comparison that would be great !

Last edited:

W1NTER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X 1.8L CVT Sedan
Country flag
I think i might have bent the mental contacts somehow. Do you happen to have a picture of yours where the light sits? I notice there are 2 sets of contacts for each bulb and I've noticed that on each I have one that seems fine and the other one is higher up and seems almost crushed.

I'm now looking for a picture of what the contacts look like for others / a guide on how to remove the dome light unit to re bend the contacts. I'd hate to bring it to the dealership for this

edit: found a guide on how to remove the unit. If anybody has a picture of their metal contacts for comparison that would be great !
Found this in Google images, might or might not help you.
Honda Civic 10th gen Interior LED lights maxresdefault

cicero8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Found this in Google images, might or might not help you.
maxresdefault.jpg
Close! I'm looking for the front one! Thank you though!

Edit: I've also tried googling it, closes I found was a guide showing how to remove the entire front dome light unit. Which I might attempt to troubleshoot this lol

Last edited:

frontlinegeek

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CRV Touring, 2017 Civic EX Sedan Honda Sensing
Country flag
I am using Sylvania ZEVO LED bulbs for all the interior and my reverse lights. They work very well and are a lot brighter than the OEM incandescents that the car came with.

If I can ever get the 7440R and A models, I plan on replacing all the brake/tail/signal lights.

Swank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe Black
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Accordlayingkit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
I've changed my dome into LED, but it emits a very subtle light in the "door" position, only visible at night.

If it's in the off position, it's 100% off and does not emit any light.

Is that a concern?

I also replaced my 3rd brake light bulb into LED (sedan) but it seems interfering with some of the FM stations (maybe there's some kind of connection) when applying the brakes.
You ever find anymore info on this? All 3 of mine at night time in the door position are still kinda on a very little bit... Weird... Cut off when you flip it to off(the back seat ceiling one anyways)

W1NTER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X 1.8L CVT Sedan
Country flag
You ever find anymore info on this? All 3 of mine at night time in the door position are still kinda on a very little bit... Weird... Cut off when you flip it to off(the back seat ceiling one anyways)
It made me crazy and uneasy to leave it like that especially when I park overnight.

Had to remove it and just use it for the trunk.

I replaced it with another LED and the faint light went away.

Seems like a hit or miss.

Accordlayingkit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It made me crazy and uneasy to leave it like that especially when I park overnight.

Had to remove it and just use it for the trunk.

I replaced it with another LED and the faint light went away.

Seems like a hit or miss.
Danget

W1NTER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X 1.8L CVT Sedan
Country flag
Hey man, I just discovered that if you lock the car via the fob or in the door handle, the faint light will go off.

So it's only dimly lit when the car is turned on. It completely goes off when it's locked and turned off.

So I'm fine with it and gonna enjoy a brighter cabin.

Accordlayingkit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey man, I just discovered that if you lock the car via the fob or in the door handle, the faint light will go off.

So it's only dimly lit when the car is turned on. It completely goes off when it's locked and turned off.

So I'm fine with it and gonna enjoy a brighter cabin.
hmm weird. Yea I had plenty of interior led bulbs left over from my van and car so I switched them out and seem to be fine now. Guess it was just the brand I had gotten. Who knows. Thanks for the update man
Sponsored