First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sorry for bumping this old thread but noticed my car wasn’t starting up as quickly as usual a couple days ago and last night got into the car and my battery was dead. Used my portable jump starter and got it running today and 6 hours later the battery was dead again. Couldn’t find the issue and saw a few minutes ago that the LED bulbs I installed are on every dim. Could this be draining my battery? It isn’t the battery cause I got a brand new one non Honda only 6 months ago. Anyone have experience with dimly on LEDs draining a battery?
Sponsored

Mikoman

First Name
Michal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2018 Sport Plus
Country flag
Sorry for bumping this old thread but noticed my car wasn’t starting up as quickly as usual...
Hi, Little late but....this can't be your issue. The interior lights go completely off few seconds after you lock your car. Same goes if you forget to turn off the lights (ON mode instead of DOORS/AUTO), they will turn off independently from switch position when you lock your car. There is a separate relay for that (INTR LT CUT RLY from schematics). This relay supply voltage for interior lights and it goes off when you lock the car or after 15 minutes of inactivity (doors closed, IGN off, etc)
The issue with dimm leds is that they are very low load and there is still little current flowing through them even in off state (this issue is only valid if the relay mentioned above is active and lights switch is in DOORS/AUTO position)