nathanzachary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si, 2004 Integra Type-R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hello all,

I'm considering two different add-ons for my new 2017 Civic EX-T (6MT) that I'm picking up on Friday (30 December 2016). I am thinking about the ambient lighting under the dash (called interior illumination) and then the door sill trim illumination. I've been leaning more toward an aftermarket option for the under-dash lighting because I want to be able to control the brightness and colour. I also can't decide if there is any reason to spend the money on the door sill trim (quite expensive for the end product).

Are there any thoughts or recommendations (especially for the under-dash [Honda versus aftermarket])?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Nathan Zachary
Sponsored

BobbyG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sedan EX-T 6MT WOP
Country flag
Hello all,

I'm considering two different add-ons for my new 2017 Civic EX-T (6MT) that I'm picking up on Friday (30 December 2016). I am thinking about the ambient lighting under the dash (called interior illumination) and then the door sill trim illumination. I've been leaning more toward an aftermarket option for the under-dash lighting because I want to be able to control the brightness and colour. I also can't decide if there is any reason to spend the money on the door sill trim (quite expensive for the end product).

Are there any thoughts or recommendations (especially for the under-dash [Honda versus aftermarket])?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Nathan Zachary

Gotta say I like the added interior illumination and the console illumination I purchased from the dealer. The blue works.

OP
OP

nathanzachary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si, 2004 Integra Type-R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Gotta say I like the added interior illumination and the console illumination I purchased from the dealer. The blue works.
Thanks for letting me know what you think about it. I know that I don't want the console illumination, and I'm thinking that the door sill illumination is highly overpriced as well. As for the under-dash, I appreciate your feedback on it. I just can't decide if it makes more sense to go with an aftermarket solution that can be dimmed and better controlled or just have the dealer do it. I will probably just wait until I figure it all out. :)

I did noticed that you have the exact car that I'm picking up tomorrow (colour and everything). :)

Cheers,
Nathan Zachary

BobbyG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
It is a sweet ride. Not many 6 speed manual EX-Ts up here on the tundra. Just had winter tires and new rims mounted this morning. An amazing difference.

The console and interior illuminations just add a comfortable vibe. Nice to haves. Not have to haves.

Enjoy your new EX-T.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Altima Coupe 3.5
Country flag
I just installed the door sills I got from aliexpress last weekend. Took about a month to get to US. At first I thought I had to buy an OEM harness, but this actually came with a harness and 3A fuse. It cost $37 four Illuminated sills. I wasn't going to pay $200+ just for the front ones.

Honda Civic 10th gen Interior illumination options ae_1484519567283

Honda Civic 10th gen Interior illumination options ae_1484519648596

Honda Civic 10th gen Interior illumination options ae_1484519590260

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Altima Coupe 3.5
Country flag
For the under dash led, I think it's ridiculous that honda charges $80+ for 2 leds. I just got 5 led strips from China for $1.50 shipped and I'm going to use a fuse tap to light it up in the foot well. I thought about using a potentiometer for a quick and dirty control but I ended up getting a PWM driver. As for placing of the controller, I'm use one the empty buttons in the dash and drill a hole thru it.

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 accord ex-l sedan, 2016 accord sport sedan, 2006 civic type r (in spain) and 2017 civic sedan ex-t w/manual transmission
Country flag
I just installed the door sills I got from aliexpress last weekend. Took about a month to get to US. At first I thought I had to buy an OEM harness, but this actually came with a harness and 3A fuse. It cost $37 four Illuminated sills. I wasn't going to pay $200+ just for the front ones.

ae_1484519567283.jpg

ae_1484519648596.jpg

ae_1484519590260.jpg
Whaaaaaat? $37?????? Link pleaaazzzzzzzeeeeee

BobbyG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Wish I could tackle vehicle wiring like that.

I've done a lot of DIY repairs around my home, in the office and in my cars. Fairly involved stuff with good results. And i learned long ago not to over-extend my skills and unintentionally make things worse. Re-doing work can be too costly. In time, frustration and $$.

I know my limitations.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Altima Coupe 3.5
Country flag

Rannhl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's amazing that I can't find any door sills for the Coupe. WTF! If anyone hears anything let me know. Very frustrated. I did see something on EBay (from China) but the headline did not make any sense...How can it be for a sedan and coupe

Draken187

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 accord ex-l sedan, 2016 accord sport sedan, 2006 civic type r (in spain) and 2017 civic sedan ex-t w/manual transmission
Country flag
It's amazing that I can't find any door sills for the Coupe. WTF! If anyone hears anything let me know. Very frustrated. I did see something on EBay (from China) but the headline did not make any sense...How can it be for a sedan and coupe
I dont know if you will.. Isnt the coupe north america only?
Sponsored