Robotaz

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag
I’m in my fifth Si coupe as of yesterday. White 2020. Had a ‘19 CTR, too, and it was just not a good car for roads where I live.
Anyway, I have the same two complaints now that I had on my ‘18. Filthy looking seats and trim fabric, and the rattling sunroof when open.

Has anyone tried a scotch guard or something to make the fabric less of a sponge?

By the way, so happy to be in another Si. The ‘20 has some great improvements that really excite me beyond my ‘18. Love this car.
Sponsored

MaxPower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si sedan ABM, 2017 CR-V EX, formerly 2005 Saab 9-2x, 1986 Prelude Si
Country flag
Congrats on the new car, and welcome back to the Si club. I've seen lots of members go from an Si to a CTR, but rarely the other way around.

Has anyone tried a scotch guard or something to make the fabric less of a sponge?
I did some research on this subject, and ended up buying this 303 fabric guard. Seems pretty highly regarded. If you check out this thread you can see the stuff in action. OP intentionally poured coffee on his seat and it rolled right off. I haven't applied it yet, but I'll get around to it soon.

bugboy32337

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe (MSM)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I recommend a Katzkin leather interior.
I'm planning on putting it in mine ... :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Robotaz

Robotaz

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag
Great info. Thank you very much for the feedback.

OP
OP
Robotaz

Robotaz

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag
'18 Si, '19 CTR and '20 Si? I guess you can just wait a few more months and get a '21 CTR ?
I left out the ‘08 Si coupe, ‘11 Si coupe, and ‘14 Si coupe. I did not care for the 2.4L at all. Very boring car in my opinion.

My favorites in descending order are: ‘20 Si, ‘11 Si, ‘08 Si, ‘18 Si, ‘14 Si. Honestly the ‘14 is way down below the others.

The CTR is obviously awesome, but it had issues like tires that need to be switched with the seasons, ridiculous pot hole magnet rims, couldn’t run it thru a car wash, nobody took it seriously, etc. I just think the $12K savings you get with the Si is a no brainer. I was pulling through some smooth twisties yesterday with the biggest smile on my face. I got home and got 41.9 mpg on the drive. It’s just a car that is so well rounded, it makes me really proud of Honda how consistent they’ve been. Really proud of them. Other than the NSX and S2000 the Si line has been very impressive. To this day I believe the K20 is the best engine ever sold in America. An absolute joy to drive and the damn thing likes it the harder you push it. Wonderful invention.

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I left out the ‘08 Si coupe, ‘11 Si coupe, and ‘14 Si coupe. I did not care for the 2.4L at all. Very boring car in my opinion.

My favorites in descending order are: ‘20 Si, ‘11 Si, ‘08 Si, ‘18 Si, ‘14 Si. Honestly the ‘14 is way down below the others.

The CTR is obviously awesome, but it had issues like tires that need to be switched with the seasons, ridiculous pot hole magnet rims, couldn’t run it thru a car wash, nobody took it seriously, etc. I just think the $12K savings you get with the Si is a no brainer. I was pulling through some smooth twisties yesterday with the biggest smile on my face. I got home and got 41.9 mpg on the drive. It’s just a car that is so well rounded, it makes me really proud of Honda how consistent they’ve been. Really proud of them. Other than the NSX and S2000 the Si line has been very impressive. To this day I believe the K20 is the best engine ever sold in America. An absolute joy to drive and the damn thing likes it the harder you push it. Wonderful invention.
Controversial opinion. I love it! :thumbsup:

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Scotch guard is okay, used it a couple times, but doesn't seem to last long and needs constant reapplications.

I use this on my civic, used it once in 2018 and haven't used it again since.

https://www.chemicalguys.com/fabric...al&utm_medium=YouTube&utm_campaign=SPI_210_16

I sprayed it and then applied it with a large microfiber sponge and let it sit overnight. Haven't had any issues with it.

They recommend re-applying once per year, but I don't drive the car much so I haven't had to!

OP
OP
Robotaz

Robotaz

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag
Controversial opinion. I love it! :thumbsup:
LOL! Yeah, nothing is better than a “best engine ever” statement.

I also thing the old Ford 4.9L straight 6 was an amazing engine. It was supposed to be a diesel, which I think is why it was such a good gas engine.

MaxPower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Insight leather armrests have been a godsend for me :love:
Good point. The armrests are more easily addressed than the fabric on the seats. I replaced my center armrest with the CTR's alcantara version, and it's a huge improvement. Hoping to do the same with the armrests in the doors, but if that doesn't work out, I'll go with the Insight parts.

OP
OP
Robotaz

Robotaz

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag
I forgot reading years ago that the CTR pieces fit. Do people order them thru dealers?

MaxPower

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I forgot reading years ago that the CTR pieces fit. Do people order them thru dealers?
You can certainly do that, but they aren't cheap. I bought mine off a user on this forum. They pop up on the Member Classifieds section from time to time.

plresultsman

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R - New to me on 3/13/2023
Country flag