Interior/exterior piano black protective film.

9xArtanisx9

inactive account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Divisi0n

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Sonic Grey Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Yes that product would work fine, just make sure you polish out whatever scratches are there now before putting the PPF on. It can be difficult to work with sometimes so make sure you're confident in your abilities.

BigDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si Coupe, '01 Silverado
Country flag
I purchased that product a couple of weeks ago while the car was only a couple of weeks old and put it on the front to keep the salt/sand from putting dings in the front end of the car. I can't even tell that it's there. I don't know how long it'll last or how well it'll hold up but if it lasts through only one winter I'll feel like I've gotten my money's worth.

OP
OP
9xArtanisx9

9xArtanisx9

inactive account
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes that product would work fine, just make sure you polish out whatever scratches are there now before putting the PPF on. It can be difficult to work with sometimes so make sure you're confident in your abilities.
Thanks for the tip. To polish, should I use plast x or a Meguairs m205 polish? Sorry, I'm still learning how to detail. I heard plast x can help get scratches off piano blsck trim. Is that true?

Divisi0n

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Sonic Grey Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the tip. To polish, should I use plast x or a Meguairs m205 polish? Sorry, I'm still learning how to detail. I heard plast x can help get scratches off piano blsck trim. Is that true?
If done properly either will work.

BigDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si Coupe, '01 Silverado
Country flag
I've only used Plastx so I can't speak about the other product. I've used Plastx to polish headlights and even a put a final buff on some of the guitars I've refinished... it's awesome for getting out fine scratches and swirls.

optikalillusi0n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I know this is an older post. But does anyone have any before and after pictures of polishing the piano black gloss bumper to remove scratches?

MaryPellerin

First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lagonda
I usually use Plastx, it is really good and helps to remove scratches.
Sponsored