Interior Dust cover vs. All-Weather Cover

TheCanadian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Country flag
Hello all!

I am parking my Type R indoors over the winter, and I am debating purchasing the all-weather and/or dust cover. Is there any benefit do the dust cover other than the sleek look and Type R logo? Is it easier to mount/dismount versus the all-weather cover, or something along those lines?

In Canada, the all weather cover is around ~$365 ($$$) where the dust cover is ~$497 ($$$$$).

Thanks
Sponsored

BrandonSmith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX 2.0L
Country flag
Dust covers are generally made from a light, stretchy polyester material. All weather covers are bulkier and are made with layers of various water-repellent materials. Dust covers breathe very well and don't allow condensation build up, something that can cause rust very easily on a parked vehicle. All weather covers breathe, but not as well. If your garage is heated, condensation should not be an issue either way.

I'd save half your money and buy a generic dust cover - unless you have to spend an extra $150 for it to say Type R.

Oh yeah, and here's another thread that was asking the same question a month ago: https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/oem-type-r-dust-cover-worth-the-money.54088/

OrchidFc3

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 1996 ITR, 1992 SI
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I went with blue cover, quality is great. Check out my thread posted above ^^

OP
OP
TheCanadian

TheCanadian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Country flag
Thanks for the replies. Car is parked in a heated garage - I am thinking off the all weather cover simply because it’s a bit thicker - it might help if someone accidentally brushes against the car
Sponsored