First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016
Country flag
Hey All,

Basically, I've slowly damaged the rubber (I'm not 100% is its rubber) panel that is right below the interior window on the driver's side. It's where my elbow rests when I drive, there is a thin film or some kind of sealant over the material that is slowly starting to rub off.

My question is, what is this part called, how hard would it be to order another? Second, is it possible to repair? I'd love to be able to apply some kind of coating that can meld back into whatever they've used to seal this material. I've been trying to avoid resting my elbow here while driving but it is difficult.

Thank you!

Honda Civic 10th gen Interior drivers door rubber panel "wear and tear" damage help PXL_20210223_191516902
Sponsored

OP
OP

Funran

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016
Country flag
It's worn out, if you look very closely you'll see little flecks of material that can be peeled off. Whatever the material is gives it its shiny finish.

I'd love to fix it, but if not I'd order another part (not sure what its called), also not sure if its a pain to remove and replace. Ideally I'd like to get it fixed myself though,

Phy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic HB ST, '18 Civic HB EX, '04 Ford Ranger
Country flag
I'd hit it with a magic eraser first, see what it does. Honestly just looks dirty.

OP
OP

Funran

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016
Country flag
I'll try it, but I clean my car a lot and It's never changed. Those little bits there, they come out of the grooves of the plastic, you can peel them away like dried glue on your hand, or a sunburn.

Honda Civic 10th gen Interior drivers door rubber panel "wear and tear" damage help 1615227622256

ajwalter89

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Ex
Country flag
OP did you ever find a solution to this? Exact same thing with mine. No matter what or how I clean it nothing works. I’ve used some chemical guys products to restore the shine somewhat but the spot stays.
Sponsored