Javex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sedan EX WOP - Aero Kit/Wing Spoiler
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hello!

I decided to order a couple of things to mod my interior. I hathe the cloth interior so I decided to order a couple of things to replace the door, door armrest and center console with black leather and red stitching. Something like these: door and door arm rest and arm rest (didn't buy from these sellers tho).

Anyway, I decided to order the arm door covers in chrome to complete the door modification. Might help to hide the leather cover a bit more. I like the Chrome stuff on the inside no chrome on the outside lol. I didn’t go for the carbon fiber ones but let me know if anyone got those and how are they working (link here). I got the chrome pieces yesterday and they are kinda scratched. It sucks. I took some pictures but it’s pretty hard to capture the blemishes. I was wondering if anyone has these or if anyone knows how I can “fix them up”and if there is anything I can coat them with so they don’t continue to scratch. Repainting then maybe? I dunno. Any help, pointers or guidance is appreciated. I am not very handy but I want to mod my interior.

Link to the item: https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.ca/ulk/itm/291846653207

Honda Civic 10th gen Interior Door Cover Armrest [help/suggestions] D0F9B10A-1B07-4C6D-9636-0C7EAAA4A818
Honda Civic 10th gen Interior Door Cover Armrest [help/suggestions] ED131A06-8201-4B30-980F-5AF9BC3F69AA
Honda Civic 10th gen Interior Door Cover Armrest [help/suggestions] D3ACBFC5-130B-4E89-B520-A025254B7163
Honda Civic 10th gen Interior Door Cover Armrest [help/suggestions] C9857A92-390A-46A4-8B94-408DDCEA845E
Honda Civic 10th gen Interior Door Cover Armrest [help/suggestions] 323C9100-828D-4ED3-830A-2AC32531B08C

NOTE: I requested a replacement and they just refunded me. I really wanted a replacement but I don't know if they are all crappy like the ones I got.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Javex

Javex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Also, still looking for some decent not so expensive seat covers with some subtle red inserts or something. I am in Canada and the ones I find get very expensive some times. Any suggestions?

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I bought those same ones... I wasn't happy with the finish so I plastidipped them. The fit is about what you'd expect from $20 China special parts.

cypress

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sounds like the same thing that happened to me when I got a shift gear cover. It came in scratched and nicked up and it will still in the plastic. I sent a pic to the seller on eBay and he just refunded me no questions asked. Didn't even want it back. I ordered another one and I waiting for it to arrive but it seems like a gamble when you order from China on such delicate pieces like this.

I would plasti dip them if you can.

OP
OP
Javex

Javex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I bought those same ones... I wasn't happy with the finish so I plastidipped them. The fit is about what you'd expect from $20 China special parts.
I didn't try the fit. I tried one and seemed ok. I was pissed with the finish and I am still waiting for the other parts to complete the job. I was tempted to get the carbon fiber ones but... I like the contrast of white and black. Do you think that the finish of the carbon fiber ones is the same? I was looking for some paint to use to repaint but no clue. Any suggestions? lol

OP
OP
Javex

Javex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sounds like the same thing that happened to me when I got a shift gear cover. It came in scratched and nicked up and it will still in the plastic. I sent a pic to the seller on eBay and he just refunded me no questions asked. Didn't even want it back. I ordered another one and I waiting for it to arrive but it seems like a gamble when you order from China on such delicate pieces like this.

I would plasti dip them if you can.
I got the shift knob cover. It came alright. Picture below. Is there a color similar to that in plastidip?

Honda Civic 10th gen Interior Door Cover Armrest [help/suggestions] 74DE4F1E-CE4D-4957-A54E-2B8C5398CEFA

Don't mind the mess... its been raining every day, windy fall, leafs everywhere and my car needs some TLC lol.

Last edited:

cypress

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
OP
OP
Javex

Javex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

davidgostbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Ex-t 2016
Country flag

relentlessX

First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX Sedan
I would sand it down to blend in the imperfections and paint it close to what you originally intended it to be.

I purchased similar items on ebay and have been pretty lucky that all of them were good quality items.

Most of my items came from China except for the decklid spoiler.
Here's what I've installed so far from left to right:

Leather Steering Wheel Cover with black stitching
Leather Arm Rest Covers with black stitching
Leather Console Cover/Shell with black stitching
Chrome Shift Cover
Rear Deck Lid Spoiler

Honda Civic 10th gen Interior Door Cover Armrest [help/suggestions] IMG_4074.JPG

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I would sand it down to blend in the imperfections and paint it close to what you originally intended it to be.

I purchased similar items on ebay and have been pretty lucky that all of them were good quality items.

Chrome Shift Cover
Rear Deck Lid Spoiler

IMG_4074.JPG
How's that steering wheel cover feel?

OP
OP
Javex

Javex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Chrome Shift Cover
Rear Deck Lid Spoiler

IMG_4074.JPG
Nice, I want a leather steering cover with red stitching. I order the same cover for arm rest and the door with red stitching. I didn't have issues with parts from China before. I was really disappointed with this one. I considered sanding it down but I don't know which paint to use. I don't want to over spend on something this silly.

relentlessX

First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX Sedan
Nice, I want a leather steering cover with red stitching. I order the same cover for arm rest and the door with red stitching. I didn't have issues with parts from China before. I was really disappointed with this one. I considered sanding it down but I don't know which paint to use. I don't want to over spend on something this silly.
I was going to order the carbon fiber (look-alike) trim on the vents and door controls (like yours) but now I'm hesitant to. Just sucks having to order something on ebay-china then wait 2-3 weeks to get it only to find out the quality is sub par.

OP
OP
Javex

Javex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was going to order the carbon fiber (look-alike) trim on the vents and door controls (like yours) but now I'm hesitant to. Just sucks having to order something on ebay-china then wait 2-3 weeks to get it only to find out the quality is sub par.
I know. Some stuff takes months but I have 80% success. This is the first thing I order from my car that is not good.

As an example: I literally just got the center arm rest parts and they look great. Great seller and super fast. I order 2 weeks ago. Check it out. Also... any guidance on the install? lol. I am sure some guys other these chrome and carbon pieces. We should check where ppl bought them from. Some sellers are just bad.

Honda Civic 10th gen Interior Door Cover Armrest [help/suggestions] B1568C4E-59B5-4A55-B6BC-B984C4C45090
Sponsored