Interior cloth cleaning

Havok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan EX-T
What's some of the products and methods you guys use to clean the cloth on the armrest and door panels. Same goes for cloth seats. Trying to list and absorb the natural oils that comes off ha from sweating and regular rubbing.
Sponsored

Nitro_x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I have a touring. Any ideas or suggestions on which product I should use for cleaning the leather seats and the dashboard/door etc? :wave:

OP
OP

Havok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan EX-T
These are the products I keep in my car at all times along with a microfiber/shop paper towel under the seat. The little pocket sill behind the shifter works as a great holder. And doesn't affect the passenger's leg room.

Honda Civic 10th gen Interior cloth cleaning IMG_5652_zps5s0kzqjy

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have a touring. Any ideas or suggestions on which product I should use for cleaning the leather seats and the dashboard/door etc? :wave:
We use this on my wife's Camry leather interior. Looks brand new still after 4 years.
Honda Civic 10th gen Interior cloth cleaning 13794548?wid=450&hei=450&fmt=pjpe

ArnoldLayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Touring
Country flag
APC (all purpose cleaner) + damp microfiber towel.
An APC by itself is way too strong to use on interiors unless its diluted. Use a multi surface cleaner meant for interiors (303, Meguiars..lots of choices). Don't use a APC in full concentration on any of your interiors. APC is meant for exteriors like engine bay and tires and paint. It is way too harsh for interior plastics and leather/fabric.

ArnoldLayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Touring
Country flag
Use any multi surface cleaner meant for leather, vinyl and plastic interiors. Kenotek, 303, Optimum et al have products meant for cleaning interiors.

Do not use a APC or any Power clean product in full strength on any interior surface.

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
These are the products I keep in my car at all times along with a microfiber/shop paper towel under the seat. The little pocket sill behind the shifter works as a great holder. And doesn't affect the passenger's leg room.

Honda Civic 10th gen Interior cloth cleaning IMG_5652_zps5s0kzqjy
Along with those you may wish to consider Meguiar's Quick Detailer - which is awesome for touch ups.

mechatune

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.slow
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
APC (all purpose cleaner) + damp microfiber towel.
Whoops! I meant an interior multi-surface cleaner. An APC would be for engine, and wheels. Have used Meguiar's quick detailer in the past. Now using Simoniz. A lot cheaper for virtually the same product. I do wish 303 stuff was readily available where I'm at.

ArnoldLayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Touring
Country flag
Whoops! I meant an interior multi-surface cleaner. An APC would be for engine, and wheels. Have used Meguiar's quick detailer in the past. Now using Simoniz. A lot cheaper for virtually the same product. I do wish 303 stuff was readily available where I'm at.
Pretty sure you can find 303 on Amazon, Canada or any car detail specialty website. I haven't seen 303 much in store shelves here and you'd have to buy it online mostly.

There are plenty of other good interior detailer products besides 303. Try Kenotek Interior Cleaner in combination with Kenotek Interior detailer. Great product.
If you want a really fabulous product, try the Ultima Interior Guard plus. UIGP will last 6-12 months if you do 3coats and it is a interior sealant that leaves a nice satin sheen that lasts for months.
Sponsored