Interior Cleaning Supplies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Country flag
What do you guys use to clean the interior of the SI? My elbows resting area are turning gray. Thank you for your help!
Sponsored

ek5.56

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
I currently have a bottle of Griot's Interior cleaner. I have no complaints with it, but my interior hasn't been all that dirty. Just general dust and dirt smudges from dog paws.

Last edited:

mis3

First Name
PT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes, 2018 SI Coupe
Country flag
I use Meguiars Ultimate Black. One bottle would last me a few years.

In fact, I use exclusively Meguiars products for interior and exterior cleaning.

j__d__a

First Name
jake d allison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I always keep a microfiber in my glove box lol, and I use Chemical Guys "Interior Cleaner" and you can spray it on anything from a microfiber to a napkin and just wipe everything down, works great!

jpaik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan Orchid White
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
A lot of people recommend Griot's Interior Cleaner.

I personally just use ONR to wipe the inside and use 303 Aerospace UV Protectant and apply it to the trims and whatnot. Keeps dust off too!

krychek57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si, 00 Honda ST1100, 15 Yamaha 6R
Country flag
I currently have a bottle of Griot's Interior cleaner. I have no complaints with it, but my interior hasn't been all that dirty. Just general dust and dirt smudges from dog paws.
I love Groits Cleaner followed by the Detailer. The cleaner alone seems to smudge a little.

Los1391

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CBP Si Sedan
Country flag
Been using these for a few years..
When I had leather interior, I would use Sonax Leather Foam.
DetailedImage.com

Honda Civic 10th gen Interior Cleaning Supplies image

MattyNice

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
A damp microfiber towel with water, wipe and it’s gone.
Same thing I use. I’ve found vacuuming the center and door armrest with the soft brush for the dash gets most of it. Anything left, a damp microfiber towel and like new. Water works for most stuff. I’m very weary of using any cleaner due to the all black and chance it may lighten the spot. But again, I think just plain water gets most stuff.

civicdabest-foo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic x 1.5L turbo CVT
Country flag
I know this is an Si thread but many trim parts are shared with the Touring too. Some advice I feel compelled to offer, based on observations from weekly cleaning over a year:

1. Use microfiber cloths only, and wash before second use, and wash only with distilled water so that the cloth doesn't become stiff after drying. Using even a slightly stiff cloth to wipe some of the interior plastic especially the touch screen and the instrument cluster plexiglass is a great way to develop light but visually annoying scratches

2. Optical cleaner for the rear view and the touch screen.

3. When using a vacuum, wrap the nozzle with felt so that you can reach in between plastics without the nozzle scratching anything it touches.

4. Wide artists brush to brush between crevices formed by plastic trim that's close to each other.

5. Moist painters brush rubbed all over the deadpedal will get dust and dirt out of the hard-to-reach spots on its ridged surface.

6. Compressed air can to blow dust off the hard places like on the fins of the AC vents and where the stalk controls meet the steering housing.

7. Leaf blower, open all doors and blow all over, does a good first job of loosing dust out of the car.

8. Distilled warm water, usually equal parts water from the hot and cold taps from a water cooler works well, as the only non-professional cleaning solvent, otherwise use what other posters above have recommended. I have seen stubborn water spots form on the plastic around the shifter because hard tap water dried out.

9. Orange oil cleaner to loose dirt off of rubber mats (if you have them) before hosing them down hard with distilled water.

10. Feather duster, keep it in the trunk to occasionally brush off dust from the dash surfaces

Worth mentioning: the trim pieces inside the CivicX do not have durable surfaces, go light on their surfaces. The instrument cluster plexiglass, the infotainment screen the soft black plastic around HVAC controls, the black plastic on the steering wheel countries, etc... all easily give in to pressure and develop scratches easily.

Some of this might sound over-the-top, but I clean the interior of my leather trimmed touring every week and keep it like new, certainly looks new after 40k kms. The whole set of tools is about $20 US (save for the vacuum) and you probably have all this stuff at home already and a weekly cleaning of the car with these tools takes 10 mins.
Sponsored